removing fan blade

ionlyski

Anybody know how to remove the main engine fan off the water pump pulley on the 3.0L diesel? I've been told that the large nut behind the fan is reverse thread. I cannot keep the pulley from turning as I try to break that nut loose.
Arne

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
If you can find the room to swing it, hitting the wrench with a soft face hammer will sometimes put a bit of a shock into the nut before it starts to turn the pulley, kinda like the way an impact gun works.

ionlyski

Got it Piper and thanks. Eventually had to ratchet strap the belt together to tighten it against the pulley and whack on it with a hammer, as you say.
How did you do your battery powered AC? That's what I want.
Arne

piper1

Resident Oil Nerd.
My A/C system is made in Canada by a company called Arctic Breeze. They recently branched out into making units for truckers and I was the test unit for a Sprinter installation for the expediting community. So far so good. The unit runs off 4 group 31 AGM batteries and will give me about 8-10 hours of cool depending on how hot it is outside. I have a small Honda generator and automatic shore power system that will boost my run time to about 18 hours when needed (if I keep the gen set running it will run as long as I want). As expediters we end up sleeping during the day a lot so it's nice to have. If you are interested in the system (Google search it) you can call them and they will give you a local company who can install one. The battery system was done by me but they will provide batteries if you need them to.

ircsmith

Squid
is that your sprinter they have on the web page? where did you place all the batts? the arctic breeze looks like just what I want.

Top Bottom