Power Sliding Door

steaua1986

Incredibly low price+Wester Union only+Russia/Kazakhstan+2wks away (enough get enough $$ before the sh** hits the fan) ... hmm ... I so hope I'm wrong, but ...

johnshmit

OK, it took 7 days, not too bad.
What next?:thinking:
If anyone wants it, I can give it away and order new one.
Or I will install it tomorrow and make more pictures.:bounce:

20150529_122024.jpg

20150529_122209.jpg

johnshmit

Hardest part would be to drill some holes in a 6 month old Sprinter.
How should I protect them from corrosion? Thinking about a primer and a little brush.
Already found some ways to avoid extra holes. I will not install the spring loaded contact plate for the latch actuator, will route the cable alone the flexible harness at the bottom. Will use a double tape for the cable guide also ( 10 holes less, no holes on a visible surfaces )
My goal is to install it without taking out of the box :rolleyes:. Will see how close I can get to it.

johnshmit

I cant wait to see the final install.
So do I.:rolleyes:
No unreversable damage so far.
It was around 90F today and we lost power. I spent some time in the morning setting up an emergency AC in the house. Had to plug my house into Sprinter.

So this kit requires some above average mechanical skills to install. That what i was told upfront by the manufacturer. Good thing that you won't need to translate the 34 pages instructions since they have nothing to do with the actual process.:frown:

I was hesitating to start until i saw what Peco guys have done to my neighbors new driveway :cry:

Installing rack and pinion one should be like a walk in the park, but i choose this one since it is invisible.

johnshmit

Rear mechanical part is complete. Was not that hard. Will install the door actuator and wiring during the week. No appearance change inside or outside, so even if it doesn't work I can just scrap it and walk away. That was my greatest concern.

CheckMax

so far so good - I noticed in the open panel photos some kind of insulation/dampening material in between the body ribs. Is that oem or did you add?

johnshmit

OEM. Front and rear insulation options. It is a quarter inch closed cell foam and 3/4 inch mat under the dashboard.
Don't know about insulation, but sound level is way lower.

Last edited:

CheckMax

Thanks. I ordered front in mine. Had read other comments amongst the DIYers that rear has questionable value. Glad to hear you experienced a difference.

I'm very interested as I imagine others are to see how the door comes out. Do you know if it has any anti-pinch safeguard for little fingers and hands?

johnshmit

Yes it does. Will see how good it is hopefully by the end of the weekend. It was 90F outside last one and some severe thunderstorms yesterday and today.

Top Bottom