Your Opinion on Buying 2014 GWV Legend EX

IndyTraveler

Licensing issues are different with every state. For instance, there is no annual excise tax on vehicles in Minnesota. The only tax is the initial sales tax and thanks to former governor Jesse Ventura personally protective of his vintage corvette managed to get the license tabs greatly reduced though they are now creeping back up. So, as it is, getting RV license tabs are much less expensive than getting a regular tab for a van. I pay about $75 per year for the B tabs. My cars are up around $300.

I have separate insurance for our B through Progressive even though I have two autos and our home insured through Metlife in one comprehensive policy. I work through an independent agent. As I remember Metlife was not insuring RVs. You might also want to check out Progressive.
Davydd: in Indiana, we pay the initial sales tax, plus pay excise tax EVERY year when renewing the registration on a vehicle. The excise tax is related to the type of vehicle and its "retail" value on a depreciating scale. Registering as a van is cheaper than an RV for excise tax purposes so we hope we can go that route. At the initial registration they will do an VIN inspection so we're guessing (truly guessing!) that is when we'll know which way the state will let us register it.

We got insurance quotes from three companies and got the best rate from GS (National) so will be going with that for now. We carry a separate liability policy through our regular insurance company (State Farm) so will be adding the GWV to that also.

Thanks for all your great posts on how you outfitted your GWV-we may copy some of your handy storage fixes once we get ours!

IndyTraveler

Due to the extreme weather in Winnipeg this winter, GWV experienced frozen pipes and had to shut down production for several weeks. As a result, we won't be getting our EX in time for the B Rally in May. :cry: We're disappointed as we had hoped to meet several "B'ers (is that the right term? :idunno:) Anyway, we should be getting our EX by the end of May-early June.

BTW: Look for an announcement from GWV regarding plans for a new production facility. We won't say more... it's their news so we'll let them be the ones to share it. :bounce:

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
Due to the extreme weather in Winnipeg this winter, GWV experienced frozen pipes and had to shut down production for several weeks. As a result, we won't be getting our EX in time for the B Rally in May. :cry: We're disappointed as we had hoped to meet several "B'ers (is that the right term? :idunno:) Anyway, we should be getting our EX by the end of May-early June.

BTW: Look for an announcement from GWV regarding plans for a new production facility. We won't say more... it's their news so we'll let them be the ones to share it. :bounce:
Hmmm..... You almost spilled the beans, there. :shhh:

Yeah, we are still waiting for your space on the factory floor. :) Spoke with Dave today--sounds like they will be back in business soon. Exciting times for them.

IndyTraveler

avanti: perhaps we will meet someday soon and can compare our GWVs. As first time "motorized," we're not sure how we should refer to 'it:" an RV? rig? coach? :idunno: Maybe if we could think of a name for "it" as we did our GPS unit several years ago. :laughing:

Hopefully the next B Rally will be close enough that we can attend.

Safe travels!

Davydd

IndyTraveler,

You might want to drive down to the RV.net B11 Rally for a day visit just to see some Bs. There is a show and tell open house of the Bs on May 17 from 1 to 3 PM.

Davydd

Frozen pipes on March 31 and already a decision to move to Winfield, Alabama? It would seem to me such a major decision like that crossing country borders had to have been in the works long before the frozen pipes, but the pipes make for a good "straw."

IndyTraveler

Latest update on our GWV Legend EX:

We have a pickup date of July 7 in Winfield, AL. Looking forward to getting it and then on the road....

Top Bottom