Albuquerque, NM, Sprinter Freightliner Dealer/Service Center

230321a

:thumbdown:I purchased my 2010 FL, cargo, 2500 from this Dealer. Not an informed per-purchase experience from the sales department. This week-end I went back to this dealer for the first time. Seven brand new 2011 Sprinter sitting at the front gate. I felt encouraged that will be a good experience.

I wanted to order 2 OEM roof-rails. Parts counter, after being number 2 for 20 minutes a second counter guy shows-up. I get......."Nope, can't give you a price because we do not have a computer access for that particular part, but we can get back to you in a few days.":thumbdown:

Tech-writer at the service department. I get........"Nope, we do not install trailer hitch wiring or brake controllers. We send everybody to trailer hitch installers. Try U-Haul.":thumbdown:

:thumbdown:Freightliner of Albuquerque New Mexico, has not matured since I made my purchase in June 2010.

One Sprinter dealer shuffling along in the State of New Mexico. :thumbdown:

:hmmm:Wondering if Ford will provide service that will bring potential Sprinter customer to their new van?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
:thumbdown:I purchased my 2010 FL, cargo, 2500 from this Dealer. Not an informed per-purchase experience from the sales department. This week-end I went back to this dealer for the first time. Seven brand new 2011 Sprinter sitting at the front gate. I felt encouraged that will be a good experience.

I wanted to order 2 OEM roof-rails. Parts counter, after being number 2 for 20 minutes a second counter guy shows-up. I get......."Nope, can't give you a price because we do not have a computer access for that particular part, but we can get back to you in a few days.":thumbdown:

Tech-writer at the service department. I get........"Nope, we do not install trailer hitch wiring or brake controllers. We send everybody to trailer hitch installers. Try U-Haul.":thumbdown:

:thumbdown:Freightliner of Albuquerque New Mexico, has not matured since I made my purchase in June 2010.

One Sprinter dealer shuffling along in the State of New Mexico. :thumbdown:

:hmmm:Wondering if Ford will provide service that will bring potential Sprinter customer to their new van?
Mel If the Ford is produced in the good Old US of A>>> you'll get a better service but don't compare an upmarket Benz with a thousand options plus these two models are miles apart, unless you just want one as a daily runabout.
The parts are defiantly on the US EPC data list if the service writer bothered to fax it through to Sprinter vans USA support.
Can you get them! I have no idea? but again! Why not, if not?.
You can get them via Chris at Midlands vans in the UK. hope it's a little help in identifying what your after.chris.case@midlandstruckvan.com
Cheers Richard
ncv roof 1 (Custom).jpg

NCV roof 2 (Custom).jpg

ncv roof 3 (Custom).jpg

ncv roof 4 (Custom).jpg

ncv roof 5 (Custom).jpg

230321a

:clapping:Thanks, very helpful information.
As a consumer I voted with my dollar and do expect better service particularly from the upmarket Benz. I do expect to have to have fewer technical deadline or simple annoying issues than with cheaper like vehicles. A van from the U.S. was not in my sights, been there done that. Only wanted a Sprinter as I have a bit of romanticism from the Mercedes days while stationed in Germany and of course I am a diesel guy.
:thumbup:On the upside: 1. 14K miles with only one problem. The right side windscreen gasket/molding blew off @ 60mph. 2. I have recently learned that the Mercedes dealer in El Paso, TX, is training up a couple of techs to man their new Sprinter franchise, a 3 hour round trip drive for me. 3. I like the vehicle.
:cheers:While I have you on the line AS, your knowledge about Benz issues and their Corporation has continued to impress. For this resource site you are surely one of the points on the MB Star. What brings you to the table? And, Thank You.

Mel If the Ford is produced in the good Old US of A>>> you'll get a better service but don't compare an upmarket Benz with a thousand options plus these two models are miles apart, unless you just want one as a daily runabout.
The parts are defiantly on the US EPC data list if the service writer bothered to fax it through to Sprinter vans USA support.
Can you get them! I have no idea? but again! Why not, if not?.
You can get them via Chris at Midlands vans in the UK. hope it's a little help in identifying what your after.chris.case@midlandstruckvan.com
Cheers Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Mel I have been romancing the stone with a long term 44 year relationship, with the star ship Benz.:hugs:

Like many on the forum my dealership is a multie tiered franchisee: Commercials at the lot are not a priority with the sales folk. I don't blame Benz itself, as they offer an excellent training program. "But it's up to the dealerships to commit to promote and excel with the commercial vehicles". they don't just like in the states.it's hit or miss just like those roof racks. But are they Benz! No >>but that's another little mystery.:smilewink:

As I live on an island we have two dealerships both have excellent servicing if needed, I have full access to EPC WIS as I can navigate the system better than the guys behind the desk. this gives me the knowledge base I needed when looking for parts and information, more so to help a local sprinter owner out, as my personal Sprinter of seven years just keeps on going on, and on.

It helps for any Sprinter owner to have a good operating knowledge of his van, as this gives you an advance lead if something is amiss down on a lonely country road.

It's sad to say many do not have the practical information, or access to good servicing of which leads to bash me Benz:bash: .
Parts have never been an issue as I have access to global markets for best pricing including OE direct from manufactures at genuine wholesale prices:[Not that I have ever needed parts as of yet, that cost serious dollars].

The forum over the years has provided excellent advice to members, it's a good place to be when in need of a little help. :popcorn:
DSC02468 (Custom).JPG

Cheers Richard

230321a

Mel I have been romancing the stone with a long term 44 year relationship, with the star ship Benz.:hugs:

Like many on the forum my dealership is a multie tiered franchisee: Commercials at the lot are not a priority with the sales folk. I don't blame Benz itself, as they offer an excellent training program. "But it's up to the dealerships to commit to promote and excel with the commercial vehicles". they don't just like in the states.it's hit or miss just like those roof racks. But are they Benz! No >>but that's another little mystery.:smilewink:

As I live on an island we have two dealerships both have excellent servicing if needed, I have full access to EPC WIS as I can navigate the system better than the guys behind the desk. this gives me the knowledge base I needed when looking for parts and information, more so to help a local sprinter owner out, as my personal Sprinter of seven years just keeps on going on, and on.

The forum over the years has provided excellent advice to members, it's a good place to be when in need of a little help. :popcorn:

Cheers Richard
:thumbup::bow:Very enlightening. :bow::bow: Thank you. Glad you are here for us, the Great Unwashed who just want the Sprinter to start, go, stop and be a non-code producing monster.
Oh, about the DVD ^, I appreciate the thought but could not get it in the tray. As they say no tray no play.

Last edited:

Top Bottom