On the road with a broken hose - help with part number

zeeede

Hello,

2002 Freightliner Sprinter 140. The big rubber hose that connects the turbo to the throttle body has a crack in it. I've patched it together with tape and hose clamps for now. The Mercedes dealer has twice ordered the wrong part for me. I'm having a hard time finding the right part on parts diagrams on my phone. Can someone help me out?

It's the one going into the top of the engine here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/R9zQpn2eLzUogcZz8

Thanks in advance!

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
There are two different intercooler outlet sizes. Since your lower hose is still okay, you can order this part and just swap the upper hose (even if you have the smaller intercooler outlet).

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
In 2002 MB started with a smaller lower hose and intercooler and ended the year with a larger lower hose, but the upper hose was the same IIRC.

Sounds like you told MB you needed the lower one when you said 'it connects to the turbo', but you want the upper one that connects to the EGR intake? They ordered the 2 different sized lower hoses?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
This is a case where knowing your VIN and perhaps engine serial number may be needed for MB's ordering system to cough up the correct part.
(or *overriding* the ordering system if they gave you the "right" part (in terms of the correct hose position, but it didn't fit))

What part numbers were the *wrong* ones??? (if we knew that, the "right" ones might be obvious)

From a 2002 parts catalog, the turbo-to-intercooler (hose, air induction) (i.e. US passenger side) hose is
Dodge: 05104142AA MB: A 901 528 43 82
The two-hose-plus-plastic intercooler-to-intake ("hose,intercooler") is either
Dodge: 05104141AA MB: A 901 528 39 82
*or*
Dodge: 05120147AA MB: A 901 528 53 82

... notice that all of those MB part numbers only differ in the next-to-last pair (39, 43, 53)

...as MidWestDrifter wrote, you can get just the single "upper" hose from Europarts.

--dick (all numbers from files at http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference )
p.s. in the 2003 catalog, the turbo-to-intercooler became Dodge: 05129577AA, (MB: A 901 528 52 82) (the "52" as the differing pair)
and the intake assembly still showed the above two numbers.

p..p.s. by 2006, the intercooler-to-intake is only (and still) 05120147AA
but the turbo-to-intercooler isnow 05117234AB (MB: A 611 010 03 82)
(

zeeede

Mercedes parts department wasn't even in the right area... And they were using the vin. They ordered a plastic connector that I think has something to do with the air box and then an oil return hose.

I'll take the couple of part options to the dealer and have them search my Vin for the correct part. Thanks team!

Top Bottom