MB dealers—What is your policy?

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
Since MB corporate and customer service seems to give conflicting information and service varies by dealer, I thought I would start a thread to let the dealers commit to what they will offer.

Let us take MB out of the equation and let the dealers commit. We have various MB dealers on the forum and I would like to see what they plan to offer in a central thread. It will also be an opportunity for them to back up words with deeds…

So MB dealers…put your money where your mouth is and plug what your dealer will do for me (Mr. Joe the Plummer) to win my business as a sale and/or service…

1) Will you honor 3/36K warranty?
2) Will you honor Chrysler extended warranties?
3) Will you offer maintenance service kits with fuel, oil, and air filters at a discounted package price?
4) Will you offer a re-badging program to promote the brand in your respective area by offering re-badging part kits at cost?
5) Will you mail promotional material to your area to let existing Sprinter Owners know you are open for business/service?
6) Will you offer free break checks/tire rotations like some GM dealers do?
7) I would ask if you would do free re-sets of the ASSYST…but the forum already crack that code…so Mark, you are off the hook.

:popcorn:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
For us pre-2007 T1N owners:
8) Will you service T1Ns?
9) Will you honor the original (pre-2006) 7/70K Powertrain warranty?
10) any difference in coverage between Dodge and Freightliner badging?

thanks
--dick

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hasn't this been bandied about on multiple sections of the forum and already been answered! Mostly.

The same is already on today's threads as to servicing. Grey areas on both sides of the fence MB and MB Dealers.

But in reflection to warranty there is defiantly a lack of staff on both sides of Both MB corporate and dealerships clearly Not listening to corporate policy.;this was confirmed on today thread elsewhere. from a lass at MB HQ.

Hasn't the re-badgering :smilewink: [My wife is badgering me to get to town too:lol: ]..thing been pushed to it's limit. I mean Please No offence but guys, your asking a dealership to provide a service again for goods and services for no gain. discounting is optional to the dealers! Who may wish to participate as to a promotional tool, to obtain a customer base.

Warranty: 36/3 is honored, extended warranties to 100 thousand you have the answer NO as to who to pays Mercedes. so sell off old extended warranty and by a new one via Mercedes Alliance indemnity scheme it's 1 of 3 three optional extended warranty's available for Fleet and private owners elsewhere in the free world for choice.

Maybe One would be better to ask ask this simple question as to warranty and servicing of new MB sprinters 2010 onwards.

MB take the initiative forward approach:professor: as to simplifying warranty obligations as to :Being the first,in corporate leadership! Dump the N/A out of date warranty and bring in the proper warranty Mercedes has elsewhere. 200 thousand Kilometers for the lot or 120 thousand miles for three years, which ever cones first. Then offer an extended warranty based on customers needs.

Lastly clear up the Grey matter, and make the corporate decision to explain to all dealerships under a one for all poilcy about pre power train warrnaty's as to who was responsible for the payment.

Daimler: Is not, nor has been ever obligated under the new MB USA Vans re-birth, responsible for honoring Cerberus obligations, for honuring old U.S Legislated warranty under Chrysler.
This is a Government responsibility of warranty Guaranteed by the U.S Government to honor exclusively by taxpayers funded owners of the New Chrysler.

Simply put: Transfer of extended warranties under Cerberus is a third party responsibility to guarantee payments of monies to MB/ prior to a authorized franchise out let committing to old non MB warranty servicing..They have to be paid.

Richard

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
Hasn't this been bandied about on multiple sections of the forum and already been answered! Mostly.
No...based on what I have read this forum...MB Corp. was an issue with Chrysler, and now is begging to be a problem with MB dealers...I want to give the dealers as independent operators the opportunity to tell me why I should shop there...

But in reflection to warranty there is defiantly a lack of staff on both sides of Both MB corporate and dealerships clearly Not listening to corporate policy.;this was confirmed on today thread elsewhere. from a lass at MB HQ. [/QUOTE said:
This statement alone justifies this thread...that was one lass at MB HQ...after reading that thread today...I called MB HQ and received a conflicting answer...I want to give dealers such as Mark a chance to say...”Bring it in, we will do warranty work”...”we will work out the details”...Chrysler extended warranties are no different than those sold by credit unions or various insurance companies...they are third party entities that pay whoever does the service as long as it is an approved warranty claim.

Hasn't the re-badgering :smilewink: [My wife is badgering me to get to town too:lol: said:
..thing been pushed to it's limit. I mean Please No offence but guys, your asking a dealership to provide a service again for goods and services for no gain. discounting is optional to the dealers! Who may wish to participate as to a promotional tool, to obtain a customer base.

If you want to sell and service more Sprinters...you need a customer base... you build a customer base through advertizing...by selling re-badgering...yes dear I am logging off now...oh I mean re-badging kits at cost...the end cost is zero to the dealer for a free billboard...:2cents:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
:smirk: Yes dear been to town and back, now get off my back Dear:shifty:
The spin comes back to this.
Ford and GM are bleeding millions,but Chrysler's trouble comes from it's "merger of equals" with Mercedes-Benz>There have been financial management and integration.
Problems from the start,and Chrysler is not close to matching the qualities of it's German partner,which leads to the big question about it's future.

What is written above is a reflection of the same as to day, How to run an organization where the top of town through to the sweeper on the floor knows what the left hand is doing with the right.rather than a pre-set mind of I know whats beast for my customer eg; dealerships issues internally.

If not standardized to to a set formula,as per any corporate organization your doomed for the scarp heap, based on what with two months of sales are showeing with a 330 million population. clearly shows sales representative in the main shows they have not a single clue as to going out and drumming up bussines for the star of stars.

Freebies is a dealer incentive, its not mandatory to justify the wandering ways of a gypsy traveler.
Richard

Mike08Sprinter

If you want to sell and service more Sprinters...you need a customer base... you build a customer base through advertizing...by selling re-badgering...yes dear I am logging off now...oh I mean re-badging kits at cost...the end cost is zero to the dealer for a free billboard...:2cents:
Sorry but I don't think Mercedes-Benz cares about what badge is on your Sprinter consider if you want to buy one NEW you will need to go to Mercedes to get one regardless of what yours says (Dodge or Freightliner). Remember this is Mercedes-Benz and not Hyundai (no knock to Hyundai). This is the company who's sister company is Maybach ... Don't think they are too concerned about Dodge branded instead of Mercedes branded Sprinters driving around town . Also weather you want to realize it or not they don't need to "earn" your business. If you have an issue and want to make sure any repairs are covered under warranty or just want factory service you have to go to them.

Here is a step-by-step on what you need to do
1 - Drive to your local Mercedes-Benz dealer
2 - Walk inside and ask to speak to the service MANAGER, not just a writer but an actual MANAGER
3 - Ask him every question you just posted here and write down the answer
4 - If you don't like or agree with something he said then ask to speak to the dealership manage (he will be higher up then the service manager) and discuss it with the him.
5 - If you STILL don't like or agree with something they said then call Mercedes-Benz corp and discuss it with them
6 - END OF STORY

If you looking for a discount on re-badging your Dodge to Mercedes I think you'd have better luck calling up one of the sponsors of this website and try to work on a "Group Buy" for discounted badge kits. This will help us ALL who want to rebadge.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Richard wrote:
Mostly... however Freightliner is -still- part of Daimler.
Freightliner may have been tainted by Chrysler, but was never bitten by Cerberus

--dick

HappyFamilyVan

Captain Ahab
... Don't think they are too concerned about Dodge branded instead of Mercedes branded Sprinters driving around town ..

If they are not they should be...Not everyone is as well educated as yourself and knows that the Dodge Sprinter is a Mercedes. I have had more than a few people stop me and comment that they have seen me driving around town but could not find the "van" at the Dodge dealer. It is about marketing and perception...if you see the "Star" you know what it is and where to look. If you see the "Ram" and you are not aware of its maker... you may not find the vehicle and take the time to find out...so you just move on to another option...

I am not a tradesmen nor a courier...I purchased the Sprinter as a family hauler...when I started looking for one I had no idea it was even related to MB. MB may never wish to push the Sprinter into the mass market as a family hauler, but...the product (144 low roof) is perfectly suited for such...great MPG and space...and perfectly positioned for a future as a hybrid electric/diesel or natural gas vehicle.

We all want a great service and support network that is within a reasonable distance of where we need it. However, sales based in the hundreds of units per month will not get us there...we need sales in the multi - thousands per month... those type of volumes cannot be achieved by tradesmen and couriers alone...a broader market segment should be included in the MBs plan.

The Sprinter (144 low roof) is easier to handle then a Suburban, has better MPG, comparable in price, and is more versatile. With the “Star” on the front and adding a carpet on the floor…The Sprinter would give the Suburban a run for the money in that market. Same when comparing the minivan to the Sprinter.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Was it not so long ago with the marriage of inconvenience where Chrysler Quote said : and as many owners have Quote said :
The Mercedes Star attracts the wrong conception of your making to many buckaroos.we sell Dodge so on goes the Dodge or Freightliner BADGERING ,,We know what the American public want. That comment was direct from the COE's heart of Chrysler.
Richard

BBlessing

61k happy miles
Was it not so long ago with the marriage of inconvenience where Chrysler Quote said : and as many owners have Quote said :
The Mercedes Star attracts the wrong conception of your making to many buckaroos.we sell Dodge so on goes the Dodge or Freightliner BADGERING ,,We know what the American public want. That comment was direct from the COE's heart of Chrysler.
Richard
being a general contractor. i have discussed this "first impression" syndrome with a few of my clients. they indicated that their impression was not so much "this guy makes too much money", but more "this guy knows his stuff". but then again, i have the skills to back it up and i only work on referral (meaning i come highly reccomended). i don't think it really matters what you drive. what matters is the quality of the work you do, or service you provide. :2cents:

bb

Chandlerazman

I can second what BB mentioned. I too, come with referrals and have not placed an ad on my van. With that said, my customers and city inspectors see me as a professional and not a pricey contractor. People want quality to show up at their door. If I hired a tradesman and they showed up in a dirty mud and/or grime covered, rusty truck, my confidence level would fall. That contractor would have to prove themselves IF I hired them. Dented vehicles are a no-no in my book whether driven by an independant or an employee. Your image says alot about you.

Since MB corporate and customer service seems to give conflicting information and service varies by dealer, I thought I would start a thread to let the dealers commit to what they will offer.

Let us take MB out of the equation and let the dealers commit. We have various MB dealers on the forum and I would like to see what they plan to offer in a central thread. It will also be an opportunity for them to back up words with deeds…

So MB dealers…put your money where your mouth is and plug what your dealer will do for me (Mr. Joe the Plummer) to win my business as a sale and/or service…

3) Will you offer maintenance service kits with fuel, oil, and air filters at a discounted package price?
4) Will you offer a re-badging program to promote the brand in your respective area by offering re-badging part kits at cost?
5) Will you mail promotional material to your area to let existing Sprinter Owners know you are open for business/service?
7) I would ask if you would do free re-sets of the ASSYST…but the forum already crack that code…so Mark, you are off the hook.

:popcorn:
Nice post!

1. Yes

2. We are not paid by Mercedes by that warranty. That said I will be working with my Dodge store 10 miles away so you process should be seemless.

3. Question: Are you looking for parts package only, or bother service and parts packaging?

4. Yes, a discount once open, and an even deeper one for forum members.:thumbup:

5. Still in the works ( MB and Dodge battle) What's your opinion on billboards?

6. We offer service specials all the time. It will be competetive. Our customer pay business is way up when many dealer are down, because of our aggressive pricing. " Rather take a little each time, than alot one time"

7. Thanks!

Best,

Mark

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Mark asked:
5. Still in the works ( MB and Dodge battle) What's your opinion on billboards?
Well, you'll certainly catch the eye of Sprinter owners...
Once, on Vancouver Island, BC, i saw a billboard (probably in Nanaimo, one of the ferry-landing cities) proclaiming that Parksville Chrysler was "the only Sprinter dealer on the island!"
That one billboard caused me to drop in at least three times... once to prowl the lot looking at their stock (they also carried Roadtrek RV conversions), and twice more for minor service matters (and i purchased the most expensive liter of Mobil1 that i ever have... $18).

So i can't speak for "new business", but you'll probably catch service drop-ins.

good luck
--dick

Sprintersalesman

Sprintersalesman
Thank you for the opportunity to clear the air after the recent distribution changes.

My name is James and I work at Mercedes-Benz Sprinter located at 1502 Boundary Road in Burnaby, BC. We are western Canada's largest Sprinter Sales and Service dealership with a dedicated shop and dozens of new Sprinters in-stock.

If you have warranty concerns with your Dodge Sprinter van, contact us or stop in and we will advise you what we can/cannot do for you.
Most extended warranties are actually third party coverage and therefore, they can be honored at any dealership including ours.
Until the end of August we are offering a 10% discount on parts and labour.
We will not be offering them at cost but anticipate offering a reduced price as part of a promotion this fall.
Yes. We are currently doing this. With so many Sprinters on the road in the lower mainland it is challenging to contact everyone but we have identified more than 100 owners/fleets and will aspire to contact each of them directly.
Short answer is no but offer these services at a fair and reasonable price.

If you have any sales or service questions/concerns about Sprinter in BC please contact us toll free at 1-877-366-8888 or stop by and see our new dealership located at 1502 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC. You can also email me directly at james.morton@mercedes-benz.ca anytime.

Thanks for posting up these great questions. I hope the response helps everyone who reads it.

Top Bottom