Driver seat replacement.

mechreclined

One of my VERY regular 2500 owners is in need of advice.I see this vehicle about every 2.5-3 months for oil services and other sundrie items.To say it gets driven alot would be correct.And theres the rub-so to speak.We were hoping that there is a seat upgrade or something with a bit more support? Maybe a Recaro or similar item?He just about lives in this thing and its starting to wear him down.Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,Marty

:professor:I have an 02Sprinter 2500 and I Bought a pair of 8way Power seats out of an 2005 Suburban. They are Front seats and all Leather heated. I paid 600.00 on Ebay. I got the rails with motor complete. They sat perfectly on top of the metal platforms in the Sprinter. All we had to do was bolt them in place and hook up a hot wire and ground. We did not use the heat because then we would need a switch,etc. I LOVE these seats,they are SUPER comfortable a multi adjustable. Plenty of leg room. I am 6'1 and weigh too much(245). Lots of room..I hope this is an option for you. Regards, 02Sprinter:rad:

mechreclined

Thank you all for taking the time to post up suggestions.Definatley a nice cross section of what can be done.I may just take him on a junkyard "shopping" expedition.That way,he can tell me what fits him.Would never have thought of cross-breeding with a GM product.Anyone have any pictures of said swaps????
Cheers,Marty

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
It probably would, but that would be difficult with all the wiring stuff located in the driver's seat base.:thinking:
Not an issue - the ISRI ones only compress as low as the top of the seat base so they don't interfere with anything contained within. I know the KAB / TEK ones are the same, would think it very likely the one above is too.

motobueno

I bought two of the ISRI seats from Simon last year because my 4x4 is kinda stiff.All I can say is WOW what a diff!Some of the best money Iv'e spent.There must be a truck seat made here that could be made to work.In my book the suspension seat is the only way to go.You can order them in the new vans.if you can find a dealer that has a van with them-go sit in it and you will see what I mean.Too bad they want so much for the oem ones.

vincent.2002

:professor:I have an 02Sprinter 2500 and I Bought a pair of 8way Power seats out of an 2005 Suburban. They are Front seats and all Leather heated. I paid 600.00 on Ebay. I got the rails with motor complete. They sat perfectly on top of the metal platforms in the Sprinter. All we had to do was bolt them in place and hook up a hot wire and ground. We did not use the heat because then we would need a switch,etc. I LOVE these seats,they are SUPER comfortable a multi adjustable. Plenty of leg room. I am 6'1 and weigh too much(245). Lots of room..I hope this is an option for you. Regards, 02Sprinter:rad:
do you have photos?? This seems like the best solution that I’ve heard of. Thanks :)

Top Bottom