Low top vs High top

windsolar

I am interested in a Sprinter I assume is a 2005, 06 or 07 but they didn't specify in add so I have to check. Main problem is it is not a high top and has no toilet. We are thinking of a conversion that would have at least a toilet, but have not tried traveling with or without one. also the low top would not allow me to stand in the van as I am 6'2" tall. Van is priced right and is in good shape. Here is write up below. Worth considering or hold out for a High Top?:thinking:

Low miles (84,000)!!! Rare 118" Sprinter passenger van camper conversion. (can be converted back to passenger van--have original seats)
Mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel---awesome milage and great drivability. A perfect family van AND small campervan in one!
Fully insulated, shore power, inverter outlets, Aux battery, Eurovan interior (table, couch-bed, reading lights, shelving, rear-facing seats)
Tow package, camera mirror.

david_42

At 6'2", even if it was a high-top, you wouldn't be able to stand up; so, modifying the van you found is a good option. I'm 5'10", own a SHC, and when I'm wearing shoes my head just clears the cross-framing.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
I have a low top. I am 6 foot 1 and its not an issue for me, I am too tall for the high top too. We carry a Thetford Porta-Potti with us when we travel. We are modifying the van. Its great for travelling in.

windsolar

Thanks, the porta potty idea is one we think of as it is mostly needed for getting rid of re-cycled coffee through our kidneys! Anything else we would stop for. Low top gets better MPG and it would fit in my garage. Thanks for the input!

normrp

Windsolar,

we bought a 2006 140" regular height van earlier this year. currently working on converting it to our road trip/camping vehicle so we haven't camped in it yet but we don't see a downside to not having a high roof.

i am 5'11" and my wife is 5" 7" and we have to stoop just a little but we figure how often are you standing up. you sit down at the table for meals or lay down to sleep or sit and read.

i don't know about the high roofs and mileage but i am completely sold on our regular roof. we are consistently getting 24-25 mpg around town and so far 27.5 on the freeway. haven't taken any long road trips yet so don't know how bad mountains will affect this (we are pretty flat around here).

anyhow, i think this is the best vehicle we have had and plan on enjoying it for a long time.:bounce:

Top Bottom