Engine mods

secondcc

I have already tryed asking in another section and tryed a search but came up with nothing. Has anyone added a chip, module, dpf or egr deletes, water meth injection, MP-8 fuel rail shim, bully dog programer or anything that would increase mpg. Performance wouldn't be so bad awell:smilewink:. I get 15mpg on average and less when driving around the city. I am carring a full load at all times. I think I am definetly over the weight limit.

Thanks

NILTJason

I was wondering if you have made any engine mods and if so what difference did it make? Also which engine do you have? I have an 08 with the diesel and am looking for an increase in mpg and hp as well.

sailquik

secondcc,
Are you running around town in "D" drive @ < 2000 RPMs?
Might have something to do with your poor mileage and lack of power.
Do you have a ScanGauge II or any other perfromance monitoring system
that will tell you the mileage and % of load on the engine?
"D" puts you in overdrive (0:83:1 in 5th gear).
Overdrive is not normally a good gear to drive around town in with a
heavily loaded to overloaded Sprinter.
If you could see how much of the time you are running at > 90% Load,
with the boost at max and the fuel flow at max, you might think about
running a little less gear to improve the fuel mileage AND performance.
Check the specs on your engine in the operators manual.
What the heck is an "AEM Dry Drop in Filter"?
Most aftermarket and cheap filters have been proven to give less
(rather than more) fuel mileage. Could this be a problem?
Roger

Last edited:

dukepilot

Custom Spooling USA
Custom Spooling can provide you with a customized ECU remap/tune for your Sprinter. Contact me, peter@customspooling.com for more info and prices. I'm in the SF Bay Area and we can arrange a test drive of my Sprinter and I can also do a mobile install of the tune in your Sprinter.

I'm also running a progressive water/meth injection system on my Sprinter so you can check that out as well during the test drive.

lockrob

I was in the same situation.Maxed out on weight.City driving 15 mpg.
I got the dpf delete and reflash from Dukepilot .Milage went up to 18 in city
23 highway if you keep it at 65.
More power across the board.
Blowing a little smoke now on hard accel is my only complaint.

scubanw3

We have a tuning module that is plug and play. It is emission compliant so you can have excellent performance and remain green. Here is a link to our info, http://sprinterstore.com/sprinter_power_module_chip.htm If you have additional questions, please call Mark or Foster at 503-692-0846 and they will be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

icarus

I was in the same situation.Maxed out on weight.City driving 15 mpg.
I got the dpf delete and reflash from Dukepilot .Milage went up to 18 in city
23 highway if you keep it at 65.
More power across the board.
Blowing a little smoke now on hard accel is my only complaint.
Hmmn,, about all that rot about how DPFs did nothing to reduce emissions?

Icarus

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Hmmn,, about all that rot about how DPFs did nothing to reduce emissions?
Icarus
Icarus you are correct.

Diesel Particulate Filters collect and burn soot into smaller particles.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation takes high particle diesel exhaust and runs it back through our motors to consume and filter high particulate matter. Both systems are very effective cleansers. Without them our diesels tailpipe emissions have larger, sometimes visible particles.

Dpf/egr problems include a narrow window of proper operation and function with no prescribed schedule for service. Every single UPS and Fed Ex truck in my area sure smells like a diesel again, weird because they maintain their own fleets:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:....

Shane711

I had an idea for a while. And I just got my first sprinter and I am about to make a modification that I think will help with fuel mileage. So I just filled my tank and I am going to calculate the MPG when it goes empty. Then I have an oxygen concentrator that I am going to use to pump oxygen into the air intake, after that I will fill the tank and calculate the MPG again and see if there is a difference. I know it works but just how good it works I am not sure. You have to use the BIG oxygen concentrators because the portable ones just don't put out enough oxygen. So If this works I might add some more units or figure out how to make a BIG one from scratch. I also thought I can install the parts on the underside of the vehicle so I do not loose cargo space.

pineconeprophet

I have already tryed asking in another section and tryed a search but came up with nothing. Has anyone added a chip, module, dpf or egr deletes, water meth injection, MP-8 fuel rail shim, bully dog programer or anything that would increase mpg. Performance wouldn't be so bad awell:smilewink:. I get 15mpg on average and less when driving around the city. I am carring a full load at all times. I think I am definetly over the weight limit.

Thanks
Bump. I would like to know also

pineconeprophet

Custom Spooling can provide you with a customized ECU remap/tune for your Sprinter. Contact me, peter@customspooling.com for more info and prices. I'm in the SF Bay Area and we can arrange a test drive of my Sprinter and I can also do a mobile install of the tune in your Sprinter.

I'm also running a progressive water/meth injection system on my Sprinter so you can check that out as well during the test drive.
How does one contact you.. where are you located?

Top Bottom