Any one have adventures thru car wash?

derstar

Just curious...

Anyone with a low roof successful go thru the car wash machine here in North America?

Have always curious... because i'm a lazy guy but don't want to see my Sprinter looks like a dirt-duck all the time :D

Last edited:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
you might get in but you won't get out...:laughing:

Probably have to find a service that would wash it for you or, do the spray-it-yourself-bays if you are up to it.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Well look who dropped in from the North! G'day me old mate.
I don't know if they even fit in the car wash center's down here either! But we've been through this before, the dam things destroy everything from mirrors down to scratched paint, so here it is at 30 C with a 40% Humidity
spending two days washing and nursing my beloved Sprinter's .
Ah'rr My Lady in white she keeps me down on desolation Row, but then we can go cruzi'n the black top in the smartest Mercedes in town:cheers:
Besides isn't it the cold end of Winter up your way, snow sleet ice and salt YUK!.
Hey De-Star: any more problems with the Turbo? and hows the little star:rad:
Richard

chaozz

most car washes in So Cal are now the touch less ones
where there is guys in the tunnel washing the car as it moves
along and water and soap spray on it.
will take mine in friday or monday will take pic's

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
SO THE WATER DOESN'T TOUCH THE CAR! THATS INTERESTING:lol:
I JUST DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER THEY MISS SECTIONS ON THE VEHICLE OR USE CHEAP HARSH DETERGENTS.
THEN AGAIN I'M VERY FUSSY WITH MY SPRINTER'S.
RICHARD.

chaozz

water hits the car,the car follows a track through a tunnel
where water and soap spray from the celing and the walls.
and there is guys in there with hand towels that wash it

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
and there is guys in there with hand towels that wash it
and rifle through your ashtray, cubbies and glove box to steal any and all valuables that you happen to leave setting there:rolleyes:

I'll stick with the hand wash I've always done. Takes time but better than any automatic out there!

derstar

Dear Richie,

You are wrong this year, Toronto have had no SNOW at all!

And we are rainning crazy here... yuck too :thumbdown: Since we work in container's yard with deep watery mud water holes.:smirk:

Haha, so no one yet have tried going thru car washes.

I think the old type (non touchless) might have a chance... those touchless are really tight both side ways and top.

I've also pay a visit to a few washing tunnels by mens, non will fit Sprinters height too...

I guess we all have to be DIYer or find someone body to do it for us :D

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Howdy destar
Well Toronto was 3 c yesterday B'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Humm" deep watery mud holes, now I can think of the fun you could have with that, when the Boss walks buy and you acciendently get the Sprinter wheels in Spin and he say's :wtf:
it hit 40c yesterday a'rvo dam it was so hot I had to stop washing and polishing my dear old girl , even clean under her skirts and polished the dip stick, because some how the crazy nuns down the road went and put oil on it:crazy: those black and white penguins are having real issues with the Sprinters at the Mo' because they think it's a portable chappel to pray in :lol:
Gosh I'm wicked.
Richard
Seriouslly we are in major drought at the moment bush fires and storms in WA, even the East cost is having problems supplying quality water and we have 90% of the water supply :D061008_corrigan_cartoon_animated.gif

chaozz

and rifle through your ashtray, cubbies and glove box to steal any and all valuables that you happen to leave setting there:rolleyes:

I'll stick with the hand wash I've always done. Takes time but better than any automatic out there!
actually you can watch them from the inside there is huge
windows that go the length so you can see it from start to finsh.

derstar

Just watch the 2006 Lookback on TV... i hear ya...

Aussy east and west just gone opposite, the other way around. I wish the east will get some rain and cure the dryness. Our mother earth is just not doing well.

Today Toronto is almost historical high, 10 degree C... we have to wear T shirt in the shop...:rolleyes:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
quote=derstar;1855]Just watch the 2006 Lookback on TV... i hear ya...

Aussy east and west just gone opposite, the other way around. I wish the east will get some rain and cure the dryness. Our mother earth is just not doing well.

Today Toronto is almost historical high, 10 degree C... we have to wear T shirt in the shop...:rolleyes:[/quote]
Yeah all them idiots taking the good oil out of the ground, you know its a heat transformer:drool:
IV'E NEVER SEEN WEATHER AS CRAZY AS THIS HONEST TODAY IT'S A FULL BLOWN FOG OUT LITE- DRIZZLE
AND DAM i ONLY JUST WASHED MY babe
AS IF I'D LET ANY ONE NEAR MY MERCEDES :bow:WITH USED CLOTHS,:rant: I MEAN HOW DARE THEY! NEVER, NEVER EVER:cheers:
LET ALONE LOOK UNDER HER SKIRTS:D
RICHARD
Star (Large).jpg

DSC00134 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

chaozz

well my car was failed kinda today.
as you can see the circle in the picture
which is the auto dryer at the end of the car wash would
of hit the van..
but they where cool and told me they will
hand was it any time I want for 10 bucks.
which works for me..

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
But any luck in Canada and Aussy? hehe

Richard: Finally today we made the record, highest temperature of 100 years. today reached 13 degree, and lots of rain, very humid too.:wtf:
Mate ! What have you done? Spent two days cleaning my rig,under extreme heat conditions, and you said lots of rain and mud and no snow...Now it's a two day fog-out and it hasn't stopped drizzling, so I'm grizzling because my van did go and get wet and Dirty again :rant:And were on stage one of water restrictions! That's a giggle:smirk:
Last Month Tasmania had the highest tempt on record with a humidity that went off the scale six percent the first in a one hundred and twenty five years since records were kept, Bush fires and wild storms on the mainland flooding and drought.
I think it's time for some of our folks both ends to sit and pray for a while , for the dam governments to listen to what the ordinary folk of the world are saying, enough is enough.
Global Green house gases , are created by mankind and it's the inconvenient truth of the matter, isn't it funny when you stop and think that the Bush administration finally gets the big picture when they start to understand the Polar bear is losing it's habitat! because the perma frost is melting, and Canada losses a massive chunk of it's ice-shelf, one of six! five to go.. from the North West Bay,, nothing to do with oil works or plundering the wealth from our counties, to feed the Magic Dragon for more and more goods on the cheap who happen to now exceed the two most polluting nations in the world, The USA and Australia
AS the Queen once said, we are not amused: Off with their heads:professor:
Think I need a Liquid Amber "Beer to drown my sorrows:cry:"
actually the US is having strange weather too, snow where it shouldn't be? and no show of snow, where it's supposed to be!.
Something out of the twi-light zone (Ripply's Thoughts)
PS: It's Aussie:D From the land of OZ:Follow the yellow brick road, and we'll all met in Kansas then we can sit and watch the perfect storm form :popcorn:
Richard

Last edited:

derstar

bump!

still wondering have any guys with low roof succssfully gone thru any car wash tunnels hahahaha :professor:

Top Bottom