Extra storage

Virider

looking at the space between the rear cabinet and the rear doors. Depth 6 inches, height 12-15 inches, length 50 inches. Seems such a waste, anyone use this? Shelf? Cargo net, hooks, brackets?
2008 Sprinter Plateau TS pleasure Way
Cheers
Ernie

I've seen pictures of the awning stuff mounted up there, but that still seems like a lot of wasted space. I've also seen a picture of someone who built a shelf up there with a cargo net in front of it and loaded it up with cleaning supplies, tools, and other outdoor stuff. The only issue I see is getting to it. You'd need a ladder, not a step stool to get anything down. The other problem would be weight that high up. Again, go to the yahoo group and you'll see all these different mods. There's a ton of resources and information there.

Davydd

With clips you could put many things there.

It is also a good place to store the awkward awning crank.

okpete

looking at the space between the rear cabinet and the rear doors. Depth 6 inches, height 12-15 inches, length 50 inches. Seems such a waste, anyone use this? Shelf? Cargo net, hooks, brackets?
2008 Sprinter Plateau TS pleasure Way
Cheers
Ernie
Hello,
I have a 2012 plateau Rb and there is a shelf on the bottom and about 4 in in depth. Considered attaching a cargo net rv type but concerned about screwing into metal around doors. Appears, that some wiring is run up the side for light and rear view camera. Have not been able to get locate from Mecedes dealer. Because of the weight of my art supplies, not convinced that Velcro / dble backed tape would work. As mentioned, the height is also a problem. Any info on wire runs would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pete

Top Bottom