Big Sale on Used Yellow Sprinters?

Schooner

DHL is cutting 9.500 jobs in the US - There may be a big sale on used Sprinters.
Wonder if they stockpile parts for their own use?

DeeTee

BananaVanMan
I've just bought an Ex-DHL, 05 registered Sprinter 311 CDI MWB/HR. It had done its' time on the Fleet and was sold through Auction by the Lease Company that holds the DHL Contract.I'm not aware of any job cuts over here in the UK,but hopes of a bargain might be dashed unless you have an "insider" to sort a deal out for you. Over here,the vans get replaced at a certain Mileage figure rather than age.

FSQUAD

I Just Bought An 05 From An Auction. It Had 79,900 Miles. It Is A Little Banged Up As You Would Expect. Changed The Crank Oil And Trans Oil When I Got It. Had It Scaned As The Check Engine Light Was On. Came Back Bad Egr Valve. Thanks To This Forum I Knew The Emission Control System Was Under Warranty. Took It To The Dealer And Had The Egr Valve, Air Mass Sensor And A Hose Replaced Under Warranty. Truck Runs Great. I Am Useing It For My Service Van. Only Question I Have Is I Removed The Plastic Cover On The Injection Rack And It Looked Very Clean. I Was Expecting To See Some Leakage After Reading About It In The Forum. Is It Normal Or Has The Head Been Replaced. I Have No Access To Service Records. Thanks, Tom Farley

talkinghorse43

I Just Bought An 05 From An Auction. It Had 79,900 Miles. It Is A Little Banged Up As You Would Expect. Changed The Crank Oil And Trans Oil When I Got It. Had It Scaned As The Check Engine Light Was On. Came Back Bad Egr Valve. Thanks To This Forum I Knew The Emission Control System Was Under Warranty. Took It To The Dealer And Had The Egr Valve, Air Mass Sensor And A Hose Replaced Under Warranty. Truck Runs Great. I Am Useing It For My Service Van. Only Question I Have Is I Removed The Plastic Cover On The Injection Rack And It Looked Very Clean. I Was Expecting To See Some Leakage After Reading About It In The Forum. Is It Normal Or Has The Head Been Replaced. I Have No Access To Service Records. Thanks, Tom Farley
Normal - leakage is usually seen, if at all, after 100k+.

FSQUAD

I Think Most Of Them Are Going For Under $10,000. Most Of Them Are Rather Well Used And Service Has Been Lacking. Tom

Top Bottom