SRS Light

TheVatanenTouch

We have just changed the double passenger seat for a single seat in a 2008 315cdi and now the SRS light stays on. Our local dealer says the light can't be put out unless they disable the whole SRS/Airbag system.

This can't be right can it?

Has anyone else come across this problem?

You're help would be very much appreciated.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
We have just changed the double passenger seat for a single seat in a 2008 315cdi and now the SRS light stays on. Our local dealer says the light can't be put out unless they disable the whole SRS/Airbag system.

This can't be right can it?

Has anyone else come across this problem?

You're help would be very much appreciated.
Does it matter! It's a warranty item.
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Swapping a bench seat to a single seat including the base does not void warranty.
However did the existing passenger seat have an air bag sensor wiring setup?
[A] did you disconnect wiring at the base of the seat frame! or remove or disconnect battery?
Richard

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
On the off chance....

I weakened one of the 2 leads in the wire/connector when I forgot to unclip it during one of my many seat removals and yanked on it. Eventually it broke internally and the SRS light came on. Check all your connections and wires...

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The light can only be put out by visiting your dealer and having them reset it. The airbag module stores the error any time your vehicle is started and there's a missing airbag or disconnection in the airbag circuit.

First you need to find out what wire you disconnected from the seats that generated the SRS light. As someone had mentioned, do you know if the previous dual seater had side airbags? By removing them you have to replace the airbag value with a 2 ohm resistor to trick the computer in thinking that it's still there.

To avoid visiting the dealer again next time, make sure all the airbag wires are connected before starting the engine, otherwise it will store the error in memory.

twistyroad

The light can only be put out by visiting your dealer and having them reset it. The airbag module stores the error any time your vehicle is started and there's a missing airbag or disconnection in the airbag circuit.
First you need to find out what wire you disconnected from the seats that generated the SRS light. As someone had mentioned, do you know if the previous dual seater had side airbags? By removing them you have to replace the airbag value with a 2 ohm resistor to trick the computer in thinking that it's still there.
To avoid visiting the dealer again next time, make sure all the airbag wires are connected before starting the engine, otherwise it will store the error in memory.
Seek's right. During my modification work, I removed and/or disconnected all six of my airbags... though I reconnected everything, my SRS light stayed on for the next few months, until I bought a StarMOBILE and reset it.

mnnt02

The light is on because the plug for the seat belt is broken. Rewire the plug and plug it in and the light will go off. The SRS system has to be pluged in to the seat belts to work.

72chevy4x4

just a thought on the seat belts, did you add an additional seat belt/pretensioner unit for the middle occupant and connect it to some preexisting lead? If it were me...I would put a regaular belt in the middle and not deal w/ the SRS/pretensioner. last resort would be to install the OE seats and have them fix it then swap in the bench. I'm curious how they would know you put the bench in (unless it's not an OE matching bench).

floorman

I also had the SRS light come on when still under warrenty.It was the seat belt connecter,or thats what they told me maby they just rewired it.

72chevy4x4

I happened to be looking throught he factory warranty booklet supplied with the van-it states something to the effect of items covered under warranty are those that come from the factory (with the van) unless it was an OE item installed by the dealer....if only you had the dealer install the seat!

gothomgo

How or what do you use as a 2 ohm resistor. I am planning on swapping the oem seats for leather captians chairs in 3 weeks.

gothomgo

Will disconnect positive battery terminal then try the 2 ohm in a junction connector to complete the loop. Thanks. Will check back with results.

eligar

08 311cdi ex Aus Post
I saw a similar thread where a guy said 82ohm resistor worked, i just put one in and yup, it worked, SRS light gone!

sparkplug

I fitted an aftermarket seat and I fixed the issue on my 2008 NCV3 by connecting an inexpensive 3.3 Ohm resistor across the terminals of the yellow connector exactly as per the video Mickyfin posted up.

As has already been mentioned you will need a garage or a scanner capable of clearing airbag fault codes (not all of them are) in order to clear the error.

It worked for me so I hope you have the same luck.

Let us know how you get on!

Last edited:

Top Bottom