2013/2014 Sprinter design freshening?

scubanw3

Recently, an MB dealer told me that 2014 will most likely be a new body style change and possibly the AWD. Hope this helps.

Thank you, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Front end grille and bumper change is definitely on the go,dash board redesign going on Mercedes previous way of doing things with a mid model freshening up, to keep the consumers interest up until July 2016.

Engine changes but for emissions only in The Euro sector, whether that applies to the V6? I have no idea.

4x4: God bless on that one as to a bog standard AWD through to Z5 transfer options plus custom built, which seems to be available only to governments on the latter option..

2016 is the interesting year to go on as to a redesign on ABS: Where the Mercedes MOG 4x4/4x6 and Actros rely on automatic tire adjusting pressures The Sprinter gets a new tire from Pirelli that has a memory reset.Video looks good but technical info vague.

The DPF filter a Mercedes-Benz stop gap measure to cover emissions may go. as indicated by the 4 inline engines EGR water cooling technology being used to assist in elimination of NOX from the tailpipe.

2016 is still a long way off.
Richard

travlnman

You say the "front end grille and bumper change is definitely on the go, dash board redesign going on Mercedes previous way of doing things with a mid model freshening up, to keep the consumers interest up until July 2016." Does that mean 2013 or 2014 would be the year for the mid-model freshening? Is your information confirmed with MB?
Thanks.
Travlnman

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
You say the "front end grille and bumper change is definitely on the go, dash board redesign going on Mercedes previous way of doing things with a mid model freshening up, to keep the consumers interest up until July 2016." Does that mean 2013 or 2014 would be the year for the mid-model freshening? Is your information confirmed with MB?
Thanks.
Travlnman
2013 is the year for an up-face change as to previous years Vito has already had it done and thus the Sprinter follows.
Bare in mind every year something changes on the Sprinters not so much stateside, but that's only because you only have one dedicated model so the changes are small.
An example of the 2013 Sprinter is grille change profile, hood line will be sharper, bumper wrap and side front panel profile changes.rear end likely to to so minor such as badge work or taillight change???
2011-Mercedes-Benz-Vito-1.jpg (JPEG Image, 1280 × 960 pixels) - Scaled (90%)
2011-Mercedes-Benz-Vito-2.jpg (JPEG Image, 1280 × 960 pixels) - Scaled (90%)
2011-Mercedes-Benz-Vito-3.jpg (JPEG Image, 1280 × 960 pixels)
Exactly what is changed is yet for the public to find out, otherwise it wouldn't be secret would it?:smilewink:
Cheers Richard

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
If I read your Downundlish correctly, we could see a Sprinter that looks closer to a Crafter?

kendall69

I just saw the New Ford on the road in Arizona, near the Ford test track.
As much as I want to hang in with the Sprinter the lack of Dealerships is killing me. I just can't do it any more. Driving 2.5 hours one way and back for any service work.

As I climb up in miles I'm going to need more and more service. I just don't have the time to lose a day every time I need something done.

Are We ALL in consensus that in 2013 MBUSA will offer a "Cosmetically Freshened" Sprinter with FACTORY AWD option? My recollection from previous posts from Mark (Former Massachusetts based MB Sprinter dealer) was that he was CERTAIN that we would finally get the AWD Sprinter in USA in 2013!!

sprinterenvy

I believe the only ones that get such good fuel economy are the 4 cylinders and, as you know, they do not sell those in the US (for reasons unknown to me).

mbgtown

the "Sprinter Guy"
I have shared in previous posting the future Sprinter model changes.

The 2013 models are exactly the same as the current 2012 models.

A year from now we will be taking orders for the new and refreshed 2014 Sprinter. There will be a facelift from the B Pillar foward, not sure what it will be, probably grill, lights and bumper.

We will have the 4 cyl turbo diesel with the 7 speed automatic transmission.

Also they have said they plan to have some new options such as in dash navigation and back up camera.

I am ordering 2013's and have a few new 2012's available with special pricing.

Contact Dave, the Sprinter Guy
dave@sprinterguy.com

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Will the OM651 & 7G be the 'stock' engine? or 'upgrade' option?

And available on a 5t 3500 cab chassis?

Top Bottom