Parabolic Spot Mirrors

Dsacher87

I am not able to see the mirrors on your link. I have found the mirrors but for $95 dollars each from Tuttle Click. I have been shopping around and can't find a better price anywhere. I would love any help you can offer.
Thanks,
Dave

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Dave that's an early 2006 link long dead.
you can find them on eBay USA BUY FOR THE DEALERSHIP DODGE OR MB
PS if you are mounting the spots to a non Tin main parabolic mirror with out pre-drilled holes.
Then do not put install glass in your ABS spot casing, untill you get the dead center mark them and they fit perfectly before you screw the left and right parbolic spots on to the main mirror.

Richard
DSC00974 (Custom).JPG

chris118

I got mine from eurocampers.com
About a week later I saw some on ebay for like $50 each?

In any case, with no more blind spots, they are totally worth the $'s:thumbup:

Reviving this thread. I did a search and found a number of threads on the parabolic mirrors for the T1N and want to get some. Do the mirrors come with the mounting screws???????????? I'll bet not but the pic in the first post does show screws. Using the MB numbers that Richard posted above, I found a set on Ebay about $20 cheaper (when all is said and done with shipping) than EuropartsSD (their shipping is high in my opinion) and am wondering if I need to seek out the Dodge p/n 05133507AA screws for them. (anybody have the MB number for the screws?)

Anybody have any good suggestions on how to locate the screw holes accurately (why did MB not mold dimples into the plastic???? duh) and I guess I have to figure out how the main mirror comes apart so I can install the screws.

Looks like Europarts no longer has the RH aspherical glass.

Gotta round up this stuff before it becomes non-existent since its been ten years now since the T1N was last built.

Charles

Skippy and Emu

G'Day Charles. I purchased a pair of these from a UK eBay seller a couple of years ago.
They came in the original MB grey cartons. Complete with screws AND extremely good detailed instructions.
Even shows you how to remove the mirror glass from the existing mirrors.My mirrors were the heated type, not a problem. I did both mirrors in under an hour. Without a doubt, a very good investment.( almost at any price ! ) Wish I had done it sooner.
A real boost to confidence when changing lanes, reversing etc.
Steve ( Australia )

G'Day Charles. I purchased a pair of these from a UK eBay seller a couple of years ago.
They came in the original MB grey cartons. Complete with screws AND extremely good detailed instructions.
Even shows you how to remove the mirror glass from the existing mirrors.My mirrors were the heated type, not a problem. I did both mirrors in under an hour. Without a doubt, a very good investment.( almost at any price ! ) Wish I had done it sooner.
A real boost to confidence when changing lanes, reversing etc.
Steve ( Australia )
This is good news. I purchased them from a seller in Latvia of all places, on Ebay, but the seller has a very good track record it seems, and I saved some money, not as much as I'd like but a few dollars is a few dollars. Seller claims these are in original boxes. If by some chance the instructions are missing (hopefully not) do you still have your instructions? (I'm one who saves everything when it comes to paperwork.)

Charles

Skippy and Emu

Yes, I still have the instructions ( buried in the shed somewhere ).
I also purchased at the same time from a different seller, a flat mirror for the passenger side.
It just sticks on top of the original wide view mirror. I find the flat mirror is vastly superior in its ability for me to judge distances, as in parallel parking. I have also just recently purchased a pair of windscreen washer elbows from Poland. Not cheap, but less than half the cost from the USA. Good ol' eBay !
Steve.

Shibby!

This is good news. I purchased them from a seller in Latvia of all places, on Ebay, but the seller has a very good track record it seems, and I saved some money, not as much as I'd like but a few dollars is a few dollars. Seller claims these are in original boxes. If by some chance the instructions are missing (hopefully not) do you still have your instructions? (I'm one who saves everything when it comes to paperwork.)

Charles
Did you have a link to these?

I wouldn't mind adding them. My little spot mirrors are 'ok' during the day, but at night it's hard to check in blind spots.

The Ebay seller I bought from was based in Latvia, and is Eurotrade777. They only listed the set I bought but may have more. It seems that they sell various OEM pieces for different Euro cars and trucks, and that may very well have been the only set they had. I bought because they have an excellent seller feedback.

You can buy them any day of the week from EuropartsSD for about $140 for the pair, plus shipping, which for me was going to be about $25.

Charles

Found one on Ebay, NEW "NEVER INSTALLED" OEM 5103760AA, $39.95 + $5.90 shipping = $45.85 total. One more available from this seller. This listing did not show up a few days ago when I searched that p/n. only other one on Ebay is $90. Shape doesn't look right, but that is the p/n specified by the seller. I guess I'll see what I get. I lose some return shipping if it is wrong. Picture does not look distorted. Wonder if they got hold of some NOS that the part was swapped in the box with another one. We'll see.

Its interesting to note that the part number has disappeared from the online parts listings since I first printed them in November.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com...2006&ukey_category=20305&ukey_trimLevel=18460

You have to click on "full size image" to see the entire image.

There were three numbers all the same except the last two digits, flat mirrors ended in 57 (RH) and 58(LH) and 60 (RH curved). now the curved p/n has disappeared.

Charles

My $49 mirror arrived today, in the MB box, with old Chrysler shipping labels on it. Apparently NOS from somewhere. It is indeed the correct mirror, same shape as the RH on the vehicle, has a line vertically so you can see where the change takes place. Has electrical connections on the back for heat. Not the one the Ebay seller illustrated, the back is different. This is good however, I got the correct one. If anyone wants one, better grab it, price is right, and they are disappearing I'm sure with the newest of the T1N's being 10 years old now, parts, esp body parts will fast disappear. I could kick myself for not getting a set of factory Ford swing away mirrors for my '91 Ranger when I bought it in '00. Waited too late, now all there is are rusted junkyard ones.

One remaining for sale, 5103760AA aspherical RH mirror , don't go by the sellers picture, it isn't correct.

Still waiting on my Parabolic mirrors from Latvia, from shipping tracking on 17track.net, the package appears to be in Boston at the USPS facility now. Just gotta get it to Georgia.

Charles

Last edited:
After arriving in New York USPS from Latvia, then to Boston, then to Springfield Mass, then to Atlanta, they finally arrived at my local PO and were delivered this morning. Shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 29th, not bad for postal service at all. Two screws in each box, and one set of instructions. Now I can get them installed and then new aspherical glass for the RH side.................... and then drop the fuel tank and fix the leak :( and I'm set for some travel.

Dang, Ebay is weird. Previously could not find any real bargains. This morning after seeing the comment below, I search "Sprinter mirror" and here are a bunch of them at $65 and free shipping. Crazy. I'm OK, I got mine, paid less than EuropartsSD and only a few dollars more than the listings I just found........... get 'em while you can, they won't last forever.

Charles

Last edited:
Did the right side tonight. They have a shoulder on the base that seats on the "trim ring"/bezel on the mirror. They fit the curvature of the housing perfectly so you shove it up on the step, and slide it L to R and it seeks its own perfect spot. I used several spring clamps to hold it there while I used the recommended drill bit to make marks of where to drill in the top of the housing. IB hole is tricky, the hole falls right on the joint between the housing and the "trim ring"/bezel so you have to do some funny stuff with the drill to insure the hole does not walk forward on you. Gotta drill perfectly straight as you are going thru two pieces of material that DO NOT TOUCH and have a decent gap between them Screw heads are tiny so holes have to be just the right size and no more. I used a T20 tip in a small ratcheting handle to run them in. I put a little blue gel locktite on the first few threads and you have to know when to quit tightening as you are flexing the plastic of the "trim ring" or bezel of the mirror housing. Had a lot of trouble getting the small mirror to latch onto the swivel inside, must have tried a dozen times, each time it clicked as if it were latched, but came off in my hand. Finally it seated, I swiveled it around and looked behind it to verify it was caught on all four places.

Installed the new aspherical glass and then adjusted the arm and head.

Charles

One last post, have the mirrors on both sides installed now, and installed the new aspherical glass on the right side during the parabolic installation. Drove the vehicle about a hundred miles on two lane roads and thru quite a bit of traffic on multilane roads in three different towns (burning off fuel so I can drop the fuel tank) and was impressed. I can see much better now than before with the two flat mirrors and nothing else.

Installation requires a fair amount of care to insure the parabolics are sitting in the right place and even more care to insure the holes are drilled vertical. I used spring clamps to hold them while marking the hole locations.

Thanks everyone.

Charles

Top Bottom