MB/FL Roadside Assistance

wayneskid

I'm going to be picking up a new 2010 Airstream Interstate 3500 (2008 FL chassis) in Eugene Oregon and driving it back to Alaska through BC and YT. Knowing that official Sprinter service could be hundreds of miles away if I had a breakdown I submitted the question about Roadside Service in remote locations via the Sprinter website.

Here is the response I received:
"Thank you for your additional email.

In response to your inquiry, for warranty repairs, Roadside Assistance will provide towing to the closest authorized dealer, even if the distance is several hundred miles.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Susan C.
Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter USA"

I hope I don't have to test this!

WS in AK

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Were they really aware that you were asking an "out of country" question?

In the Daimler Chrysler days, the warranty ceased at the border... MB-USA isn't MB-Canada.

(MB may certainly have a better system in place)
--dick

wayneskid

The response I got was the last from them in a multiple message back and forth. Yes, I'm sure they knew they were talking about outside the US. I had asked if they would cover the cost if I had a warranty type breakdown repaired by an independent shop. They basically said no to that. Then I asked the following question:

"I would like clarification on this please. As I explained, I'll be driving this brand new vehicle from Eugene Oregon to Anchorage Alaska later this month. I will be traveling through British Columbia and Yukon Territory in Canada and for much of the Canada traverse I will be hundreds of miles from a qualified Sprinter dealership. So, are you saying that in the event of a disabling failure of a component covered by warranty that I must have the vehicle towed possibly several hundred miles? Would your Roadside Assistance provide for this towing?"

Seems pretty clear to me!

Dick, I'll wave as I pass through Seattle in about a week!

WS in AK

Top Bottom