kid in a candy store

al albanowski

Cry Baby Al
hello fellow sprinter owners

i love my roadtrek sprinter.i could not believe my eyes when i stumbled across this site,its great. over the years i have owned many toys,nothing like this van. i'm in love again. i spent this day reading every word of this form. i should have gone to work, now i must lie to my wife and tell her i went bowling all day.

alalbanowski

What Next

Good for you Al.
I have a LTV,first of the year we take off for Texas and maybe Mexico if I can talk the wife into it. Don't have to be home till April.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Welcome Al:

I have the same problem with my wife. When I'm behind in my work, she just says, "the Sprinter Forum again?" :bounce:

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
I guess so. I just saw that "the most members on line" was at 2:35AM. Are the members a bunch of insomniacs? Or is the forum really that fascinating?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I guess so. I just saw that "the most members on line" was at 2:35AM. Are the members a bunch of insomniacs? Or is the forum really that fascinating?
The forum is fascinating! :bounce:

Currently, the biggest attributor to the most members online are the Yahoo Slurp Spiders. One time I saw 21 people online. :thinking: 2 were members and 19 were spiders. :wtf: This is why we disabled access for guests to read threads. The spiders can pull in titles to add to their search database, but they can't pull in information from the threads. This will hopefully control bandwidth.

Also, you have to remember that the Sprinter Forum can be accessed anywhere in the world and membership is free. 2:35am here in Kalifornia is 10:35am in England. Someone has to be awake somewhere in the world, unless the world is flat. :smilewink:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
The forum is fascinating! :bounce:

Also, you have to remember that the Sprinter Forum can be accessed anywhere in the world and membership is free. 2:35am here in Kalifornia is 10:35am in England. Someone has to be awake somewhere in the world, unless the world is flat. :smilewink:
Last time I looked it was upside down!:laughing: guess it depends from which part of our world we are looking from
10.35 PM Tuesday AEST
Aussie down under
australia_day05.gif
Richard

Attachments

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
In space there is no up or down, east or west or north or south. As long as your feet stick to the ground, it's all on the up and up.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
...the K...a political statement???
I guess it could be, but nah. :smilewink:

With all the laws (some a little off the wall :crazy:) that this state has, I wonder sometimes if this is a police state. Of course I'll probably never leave the area mainly because of the rich culture and the weather (wife is from here so I can blame it on her. :smirk:).

I can always pick up and move back to Hawaii, but then I wouldn't have any where to drive the Sprinter, except in circles. :bounce:

Old Master

Seek...yeah, I've lived in the SF area and went to a Navy school a few months in San Diego. I don't blame you for staying. I hung around the Marina District maybe one night a week for several months, driving over from Alameda. Don't know what I was seeking (so to speak:laughing:) because I only remember getting in one conversation in all my visits there. Maybe I had "East Coast" body odor or something. :thinking: However, that one conversation was very weird, shocking, almost mystical; it answered a question I had been wondering about for years, and I've never forgotten it. If you are curious, I'll PM you. If not, that's fine.

Oh, meant to tell you...last time I was in Hawaii, the runners aboard ship wanted to stage a relay race around the entire island, starting at Pearl Harbor. They were specifically warned against trying to run through a certain area because Guamanians and Hawaiian gangs were fighting each other and both were fighting anyone else who tried to travel through their turf. Also, hardened lava flows blocked some of the main rural roads. Not much of a relay. But...I could always find a place in HA to go in my Sprinter!

John

sikwan

06 Tin Can
However, that one conversation was very weird, shocking, almost mystical; it answered a question I had been wondering about for years, and I've never forgotten it. If you are curious, I'll PM you. If not, that's fine.
Now you got me curious. :thinking: You didn't happen to run into some of the psychedelics we have here in San Francisco did you? We have a lot of them, but I didn't expect them to hang out in the Marina district. :laughing:

Not much of a relay. But...I could always find a place in HA to go in my Sprinter!
There's only a couple places I wouldn't go in Oahu and that's the projects in Kalihi and Palolo valley. Any other place is okay unless you run into any of the local bullies (blalahs). Even the locals are not safe. :smirk:

A Sprinter in Hawaii would be nice for some beach camping. A friend only started noticing them recently after we bought ours.

Seek

Top Bottom