Mobil1 0w40 oil for less?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Best I can do is buy direct from the Mobil distributor at AU $6.00 per lire in a 20 litre drum Mobilone devalc 2006 5-40 that's not a bad price
Dam that's about nine yanky dollars:eek:
You guys do get it cheap at your end LOL
site1078_t.jpg

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thanks Roger. Too bad the Walmarts around here don't stock the 0w40's. I'll have to look again.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Folks just remember the old Castrol Add Oils ain't oils!
There are different oils for different years.
Some of theolder 2004 2005 oils are not emission compliantfor 2006 EPA Bin8 regulations
Be careful with what you put in outside of Mercedes recomendations
oil companies have a nasty trick to get the oils to meet specifactions
so add quality long life Synthetic oils
Change the transmission oil at half the recomended time frame if your on long runs in high climatic conditions, the viscosity breaks down very fast when the oil gets too hot.
The following link will give you all options for oils
Mercedes-Benz Engine Oil Recommendations

as2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

dunbarjm

Walmart's regular price for all Mobil 1 including 0W40 is $5.92. 4 qt containers are $22.97 (I think) but Walmart does not carry the 0W40 in 4qt.

I just bought 10 quarts on sale at Advance Auto Parts for $5.48 per quart.

acvr4

Humm I guess seeing this 0w-40 Mobil 1 for $5.00 a quart wasn't to bad of a price :idunno:

Anyone using the Shell Rotella Multigrade T (15w-40) ? They sell that at a local BJ's Club and it's reasonablely priced in bulk 6 Gallons for $57. I few of my buddies use that in there diesel trucks & heavy equipment.

I'll be in need for a oil change in the near future :thumbup:

Last edited:

acvr4

I most likely will go for the mobil 1 0w40 to see if it actually makes any improvement in the fuel economy but the Rotella seems to be fine by their spec sheet. It's a MB 228.3 rated. I'm sure the dealer put in Rotella.

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Shells has a good reputation , I love the scallywags in the way they state fuel sulfur levels below 500 ppm
It's supposed to say 300ppm not to exceed 500ppm Grrrrrrr'
Richard

Aircraft Wrench

I most likely will go for the mobil 1 0w40 to see if it actually makes any improvement in the fuel economy but the Rotella seems to be fine by their spec sheet. It's a MB 228.3 rated. I'm sure the dealer put in Rotella.
My Dealer says they use Mobil 0W40 during changes (and recommends the same )

Roanoak Motors in IL.

acvr4

I just picked some Mobil 1 syn 0W40 at Walmarts for $5.00 a quart. It's been placed in the clearance area :idunno:

acvr4

Humm I bought 12 quarts the other night ( few extra ) They still have more :idunno: Maybe I'll go out and buy the rest for the next change :thumbup: Or take the chance it drops again -- then buy it all:smirk:

Top Bottom