Hi New guy here new member with sprintshift problems on a 316 EX ambo 03 Model

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Your engine and transmission is arguably the best possible combination in a T1N chassis. I nearly cracked a million in my Sprintshift 416 T1N with few issues along the way.

Iggy66

Hi Wollongong,

How's the Sprinter going, hopefully no more gearbox issues.

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of your braking problem, I just experienced a similar problem of poor stopping power & found the rod that connects the rear diff housing to the brake proportioning valve had snapped (made from plastic) and therefore not giving enough pressure to the rear brakes for the load I'm carrying.

Cheers, Iggy

Hi Wollongong,

How's the Sprinter going, hopefully no more gearbox issues.

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of your braking problem, I just experienced a similar problem of poor stopping power & found the rod that connects the rear diff housing to the brake proportioning valve had snapped (made from plastic) and therefore not giving enough pressure to the rear brakes for the load I'm carrying.

Cheers, Iggy
Hey iggy things have been going great no more issues yet passed a blue slip and rego my sprinter issues haven't ended unfortunately but just simple little things so I'm. Getting through them I pulled the old fit out and wiring out yesterday so I'm back to a blank canvas and I will order the shower cubicle next week so. Things are looking up

As for the braking. Problem mine turned out to be contaminated fluid ( I'm blaming the stealer ship but have no proof(my coolant was contaminated also))

Anyways onwards and upwards from here really do enjoy driving my van and since getting it registered I think my old daily driver (an audi a4 Quattro) has only been driven once or twice as the van is so handy

Top Bottom