what to look for in buying a used pleasure -way

hollandmike

I hope you can help me. I am looking to buy a used pleasure-way with the mercedes engine and dodge freightliner chassis. Is the NADA a good price guide? Is it updated to reflect the current economy? What would a 2004, 2005 cost these days. What should I look for in terms of condition and possible problems? Please help . I am looking to buy very soon. Oh also can I really use this as my day to day vehicle?
Thanks so very much!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Is the NADA a good price guide? Is it updated to reflect the current economy? What would a 2004, 2005 cost these days. What should I look for in terms of condition and possible problems?
The NADA is a good place to start, but their prices and others like KBB lag a bit especially in this economy. I would do a search for all the Pleasureways that are on sale, find the lowest price, and give your lowball offer below the lowest price to the one you like.

As for problems, the major ones seem to be the injector leak problem (remove injector cover to do a visual inspection) and glow plug faults (glow plug light does not go off before starting engine).

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Pleasure-Way is one of the best conversion companies. The Sprinter is the best platform for a small RV.

Besides what Sikwan suggested, look the van over as you would any used car but also pay special attention to the workings of all the RV parts: electrical system, water system, sewage system, heating, refrigerator, stove, generator, LP system... the works. And look carefully in all the cabinets, at the floor inside cabinets to see if there are any signs of water damage or fungal growth, buckling of floor covering.

Top Bottom