How to subscribe to threads and forums

Zach Woods

Howdy folks -

Just wanted to provide info on the multiple ways to subscribe to threads, posts, and forums on the Sprinter-Forum. You can receive emails letting you know when
new posts have been made and you can determine which forums and threads you do and don't receive those emails for.

This is a great way to stay up to date on new posts!

1. View your currently subscribed threads via the User Control Panel ("User CP" in the menu bar towards the top of every page and just below the navigation back-track
list - see the red box in the image below).

UserCPSubs.JPG

You can see what you are subscribed to and unsubscribe via this page. Note that if you have never subscribed to anything your list of subscriptions should be empty.

2. Subscribe to a specific forum while visiting that forum ("Subscribe to This Forum" on the "Forum Tools" drop down menu towards the right top of forum pages - see the
red box in the image below).

ForumSubscribe.JPG

This allows you to subscribe to individual forums that you are particularly interested in. You will receive emails letting you know about posts to the forums you subscribe to.

3. Subscribe to a thread as you start a new thread or post a reply to that thread ("Thread Subscription" under "Additional Options" below the post edit box - see the red
box in the image below).

ThreadSubscribe.JPG

This allows you to subscribe to specific threads within a forum without having to receive notification concerning other threads that you may not be interested in. You
will receive emails letting you know about posts made to the specific thread you subscribe to.

You can also determine exactly how often and under what circumstances your subscription notification occurs ("Notification Type:" drop down selection box under
"Additional Options" below the post edit box - see the red box in the image below).

NotificationType.JPG

Last edited:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Hello! New to this forum but not at all to Sprinters.

So the default is no subscription if you post a reply in a thread? Can this be changed?

OT no pictures allowed in signatures?

Thanks Zach

Last edited:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
sikwan,

I think I'm losing it :crazy: ...I looked around yesterday and could have sworn it said no permission on the sig pic and simply misread the "subcriptions options".

I should know better, I've spent too many hours blabbing on forums! Thanks for the reply. As you see, my custom made sig is "installed" :thumbup:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hi Scott:

You're not losing it. :lol:

We just enabled it yesterday per your request. :smilewink:

Blab away. This is why the forum is here. :thumbup:

Seek

ps. Nice sig! :cheers:

Top Bottom