Tools - Quality, Special, Dodge, MB, Mercedes

morre

This is for with the crankshaft still in place? I just can't visualize it.

yes, i finally had a chance to use this tool, so here is some pics for you.
basically this tool is just a guide sleeve to prevent damage of a teflon seal.
metal part of a tool is a bit unknown to me. seems like just for protection of a plastic part of a tool.IMG_6451 - Version 2 1.JPGIMG_6452.JPGIMG_6455.jpgIMG_6457.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I recently purchased S E Tools Model 860CLICK Spring Clamp Click Plier. It has a decent price compared to some other similar tools.

The heads rotate to allow access at different angles. The design looks very promising. It appears that to release the clamps it may not be fully automatic, but will take a bit of twist pressure as the clamp is relaxed. I have yet to actually use it so FWIW at this point.

http://www.toolsource.com/click-pliers-p-113135.html

This is another similar style with longer reach. I didn't purchase this model.

SE Tools 860LClIK Long Click Clamp Plier

http://www.amazon.com/SE-Tools-860LClIK-Click-Clamp/dp/B005MVB65U

I also picked up this tool at the same time. It is for the spring type clamps.

S E Tools 860G Spring Clamp Plier.

It also looks very promising. I have yet to use it either so FWIW. Both tools work well! Just plan on adding a bit of "tip and then lever away action" for lack of a better description as you release the clamps. Installing/re-closing is very straightforward.

http://www.toolsource.com/hose-clamp-pliers-p-113131.html

vic

Last edited:

morre

Special Tool Miller 9312A kit Chain Link Tool (mb part number unknown)
Use this special tool during service procedures involving the Timing Chain or Oil Pump Chain to remove and install chain links in Sprinter vehicles equipped the 2.7 Liter Diesel Engine. This tool is also used for the same applications in vehicles equipped with the 3.0 Liter Diesel Engine

basically just a universal chain breaker crimper tool under fancy miller price tag.IMG_3185.JPGIMG_3181.JPGIMG_3182.JPGIMG_3183.JPGIMG_3184.JPG

morre

Special Tool Miller 8902A Seal Installer (mb part number unknown)
Use this installer to install the Torque Converter Hub Seal and the Output Shaft Seal in the NAG1 (722.6) Automatic Transmission.IMG_2991.JPGIMG_2992.JPGIMG_2993.JPGIMG_2994.JPG

Speed Racer

2006 2500HC Passenger Van
Re: Tools - Quality, Special, Dodge, MB, Mercedes, Hose Clamp

Cheap, but effective Oil Filter Wrenches

Harbor Freight has this filter wrench set on sale.

View attachment 22355

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-end-cap-oil-filter-wrenches-94096.html

View attachment 22356

You can copy the coupon and present it at the store until April 5, 2010. If the coupon is void and you're in no hurry, just give it some time and the sale price should return.

I know the quality of Harbor Freight tools is often suspect, but if you break even the cheapest oil filter wrench you're really doin' something wrong. vic
I'd like to add a recommendation for the CTA Part#A267, Sprinter specific tool available at Pepboys for $5.99 (online) or Amazon for $7.99. It is idiot-proof, as I proved today. The cup seems a bit deeper than the HF ones.

Re: Tools - Quality, Special, Dodge, MB, Mercedes, Hose Clamp

I'd like to add a recommendation for the CTA Part#A267, Sprinter specific tool available at Pepboys for $5.99 (online) or Amazon for $7.99. It is idiot-proof, as I proved today. The cup seems a bit deeper than the HF ones.
:thumbup:

It's does look good, but it is a one trick pony. If (when?) my cheapy HF wrench set lets me down I'll likely just pop down to Advance Auto or other to replace it with a steel one.

vic

misterbond10

I got my oil filter wrench at advanced auto. Just count the flat spots on the filter housing. 'Tis a tad loose, I wrapped a single layer of duct tape around the inside to snug it up.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Re: 2016 144" High Roof Adventure Van

Hi Guys,

Have you never come across anything like a 'Falcon Nibbler' your side of the pond?

http://secondchancegarage.com/public/nibbler-flanger-review.cfm

View attachment 83108

It cuts out small crescent shapes and leaves an almost perfect edge without distorting the panel. Also cuts round really quite tight curves with ease.

With a little bit of forward planning the mess is easily contained.

I've used one for years now for cutting panels for repair or fitting sunroofs, etc.

Keith.nibbler.jpg

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Just a heads-up on nibblers... their jaws are doing a shearing action on the metal, but before the cut actually happens they do pinch it enough that you're thinning the metal (very very little) ... so the edge will "expand" a bit (hence you'll get a slight rippling effect). If your work leaves a narrow strip as one of the sides of the cut, it will curve out a bit.

Keith's secondchance review does mention the "little distortion" in the final result.

--dick

morre

this tool from my collection for sprinter 906 but because there not topic about tools in 906 forum i post it here.

special tool: Fuel Injector Remover Miller 9552 (MB part number unknown)
This special adapter is used with the 8941 Slide Hammer to remove Fuel Injectors from the 3.0 Liter Diesel Engine. you can see pictures of slide hammer on page 5miller 9552.JPGmiller 8941.JPG

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent cross/plus-shaped metric Lug Wrench?
All the ones on Amazon are pretending to be standard/metric combo, which is BS.
And I've had cheap ones where the socket splits open when you need it most.

Thanks

Top Bottom