How Old is your LTV Unit

Gamma1966

2013 Chassis /14 Unity MB
I have a 2014 MB with 45K miles on it. I plan on keeping this at least 5 more years.
Just curious about other owners of LTV units on the age and mileage your currently have on the unit and expectations of years planned use looking forward?

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
You are making me feel like a slacker - I have a 2014 TB with only 27K miles. I have no timeline ahead that includes selling it.

blue

2011 LTV Unity CB
We have a 2011 Unity CB. It now has 33,000 km (just over 20,000 miles). I think it will last a few more years!

We just picked up our new TB one July 1st and have about 300 miles on it. Plan to use it till I die. Could be tomorrow or in twenty years.... The engine and tranny should be good for 300,000 miles so at the rate we're going we'll have to get very, very old........

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
We bought our '12 MB 2-1/2 years ago with 7400 miles on it. We now have 34,400 miles - we're not retired and traveling a lot yet, so we haven't run up a lot of miles- hopefully next year... We have owned and rented various RV's, and the MB fits us very well - we like the size and the ride, and we love the old U-lounge layout. I'd say we'll keep it until our situation changes so that we're no longer using it.

Chip D

Chip D, 2013 Serenity
I have a 2014 MB with 45K miles on it. I plan on keeping this at least 5 more years.
Just curious about other owners of LTV units on the age and mileage your currently have on the unit and expectations of years planned use looking forward?
Have a 2013 Serenity that now has 68,000 miles on it. When I purchased it, it had 9,000 miles on it, so I've put on about 60,000.

Don't plan on selling/trading, although as I reach 100,000 I might consider a Unity with MB. Dunno yet.

Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Tannys

2016 Unity TB Portland OR
We picked up our 2016 TB in May and we have been very, very happy in our first 1000 miles. We are first time RV owners and learning as we go.

Suza

Our 2017 TB is yet to be born. We are now 30 days, and counting till conception, if all goes per schedule. The wait time is going surprisingly fast, but I'm sure time will slow to a crawl the nearer we get to delivery :sleep:

Eastbayview

2012 Unity MB
We took possession of our 2012 Unity in the fall of 2011 and have about 46,000km on it now. Soon to be retired so it will be getting more road time.

GMoney749

So, for those of you who have had them for a while, how has reliability (of the Sprinter itself) been? It's so hard to get a feeling for these things reading posts on the internet...

Our 2017 MB should be here in a month.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I may be the oldest LTV here, I think the older models are built on dodge vans, so they won't read a Sprinter forum, but there was a Freedom II before the Freedom II Serenity they introduced in 2007 that I have in my driveway. There was even a Freedom before that (surprisingly).

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 12.21.27 PM.jpg

My goal was to keep this RV the rest of my life, so I got the old diesel so I can go to Mexico or run Biodiesel w/o effect. It should last forever and I keep running it weekly. I put solar on to make sure it's always ready to go. It doesn't have a slide to fail and even though it's an 8 foot vehicle when I park in a regular space the cab doors can be opened even if the house door is blocked by a car parking next to me, unlike the Via/Reyo.

As it ages I work to keep the paint up, I got the really nice custom paint that they haven't had since the first year. I have only seen one other:

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 12.12.19 PM.jpg
Cover of the 2007 Owner's manual

I do want to warn everyone as their RV ages you HAVE TO CHECK THE ROOF. I am starting to get bubbling in the fiberglass outside of the rear shower area. This may be from liquid getting in where the side, rear and top all meet. There is really strong adhesive there, but I found a leak in the shower that was draining down the plastic ceiling piece and behind the shower on the side. Get a tube of Dicor and get out your ladder. The luan under the fiberglass will rot if it gets wet and the fiberglass apparently will bubble. This may be delamination, I don't know what's under the gelcoat layer. I kind of see a honeycomb effect on one side of my Serenity, perhaps that is what's under the top layer.

I am also getting rust where the fiberglass body meets the roofline above the windshield. Gonna have to get a body shop to fix that. Perhaps I have a leak above the metal cab roof and since I don't see it, it stays wet. The position lights or the two antennae could be leaking. Gonna need to find a good body shop near Berkeley, CA for RVs that can fix this good as new.

-Randy

Last edited:

Denis4x4

2013 Unity TB
As of next week, we've had our 2013 Unity TB for three years. This is the only RV or boat I've ever owned that has been trouble free. I use it a lot to pull a car trailer with one of my hot rods to various events. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Wallsburg, Utah for a F.A.S.T. hill climb. The twin bed works well as I sometimes have friends along for the ride. My only gripe is the fact that the nearest Mercedes dealer that will service Sprinters is in Albuquequre, a four hour drive.

The fact that my wife can drive it was a big selling point. She has used it to attend several quilting seminars by herself.

Last edited:

Suza

As of next week, we've had our 2013 Unity TB for three years. This is the only RV or boat I've ever owned that has been trouble free. I use it a lot to pull a car trailer with one of my hot rods to various events. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Wallsburg, Utah for a F.A.S.T. hill climb. The twin bed works well as I sometimes have friends along for the ride. My only gripe is the fact that the nearest Mercedes dealer that will service Sprinters is in Albuquequre, a four hour drive.

The fact that my wife can drive it was a big selling point. She has used it to attend several quilting seminars by herself.
Four hours to Sprinter service makes our 2 1/4 hours look pretty good!

I know we are going to love our Unity :clapping:

Suza

I may be the oldest LTV here, I think the older models are built on dodge vans, so they won't read a Sprinter forum, but there was a Freedom II before the Freedom II Serenity they introduced in 2007 that I have in my driveway. There was even a Freedom before that (surprisingly).

View attachment 78630

My goal was to keep this RV the rest of my life, so I got the old diesel so I can go to Mexico or run Biodiesel w/o effect. It should last forever and I keep running it weekly. I put solar on to make sure it's always ready to go. It doesn't have a slide to fail and even though it's an 8 foot vehicle when I park in a regular space the cab doors can be opened even if the house door is blocked by a car parking next to me, unlike the Via/Reyo.

As it ages I work to keep the paint up, I got the really nice custom paint that they haven't had since the first year.

View attachment 78631

I do want to warn everyone as their RV ages you HAVE TO CHECK THE ROOF. I am starting to get bubbling in the fiberglass outside of the rear shower area. This may be from liquid getting in where the side, rear and top all meet. There is really strong adhesive there, but I found a leak in the shower that was draining down the plastic ceiling piece and behind the shower on the side. Get a tube of Dicor and get out your ladder. The luan under the fiberglass will rot if it gets wet and the fiberglass apparently will bubble. This may be delamination, I don't know what's under the gelcoat layer. I kind of see a honeycomb effect on one side of my Serenity, perhaps that is what's under the top layer.

I am also getting rust where the fiberglass body meets the roofline above the windshield. Gonna have to get a body shop to fix that. Perhaps I have a leak above the metal cab roof and since I don't see it it stays wet. Those position lights or the two antenna could be leaking. Gonna need to find a good body shop near Berkeley, CA for RVs that can fix this good as new.

-Randy
Very nice. You obviously love your RV :thumbup:

riff511

2014 Unity TB
We have the 2014 TB with 18000 miles on it. love it because it is so easy and comfortable to drive, but as much as we like it we are looking to sell it and move up to a DP class A.

blue

2011 LTV Unity CB
I came across this old thread and thought I would see how people are doing with their older Unitys. Ours in a 2011 CB that we bought second hand in the fall of 2012. The manufacturing date on the door pillar says September, 2010. It has just over 50,000 km (30,000 miles). Newer Unitys appear to be very much the same except for technology improvements. There have been a few repairs and replacements, but we aren't thinking about retiring it yet.

Top Bottom