Fault code 567D

fitzcarraldo2

fitzcarraldo2
Hello all,
My ex-ambulance 2006 Sprinter (WDF903662-2A-950703) has 3 warning lights on:
1.ABS, 2.ESP + 3.the tyre symbol light. There are no symptoms while driving.
The fault code in the Star Diagnosis is 567D (Faulty variant coding). Going further, It suggests:
"POSSIBLE CAUSES OF FAULT, THE CURRENT PARAMETERIZATION OF CONTROL MODULE ESP DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE PARAMETERIZATION OF THE KI INSTR/CLUSTER"
I am unable to erase the faults.
In the initial short test the fault was 567E (variant coding checksum: Faulty)
Have looked at the coding in KI and ESP, can't see any inconsistencies or wrong coding. There are very few items codeable in KI and ESP.
Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Walter

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Are you using developer mode to change/check the coding? The KI is interlocked with the ECU and Skreem, so you cant change KI after its locked. so your option is to change the ESP coding. But did this just suddenly happen? It could suggest a faulty ESP controller.

fitzcarraldo2

fitzcarraldo2
Thanks for your reply Owner.
No, I'm not using developer mode, even though its installed. I'm using normal XEntry as
on all other vehicles.
The "Parameterization" does show up in "Control unit adaptations" but there is very little to
change. In ESP I changed the model designation - as it was 901 - to 903. Other than that there is wheelbase, retarder, start-off assistance, RH or LH drive.
In KI I can code Temp unit (C or F) seatbelt warning input, Wiper fluid level, Tachograph yes/no,, main odometer (6 or 7 position) But none of those can be a common denominator in
regards to the problem.
The lights came on at the precise moment when a friend drove the vehicle with its bull bar
LH corner into a wall at slow speed but fairly hard and engine stopped . Damage was to bull bar but not engine bay. There are no driving problems, + absolutely no symptoms except the annoying warning lights.
Is the ESP electronic module part of the hydraulic unit ? Or available seperately ?
I normally work only on MB cars and have very little experience on Sprinters.

Thanks,

Walter

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
There are earth points for the ABS/ESP unit under the LH headlight exactly where you may have caused something to break free in the crash. Also check the connectors. Im pretty sure the controller is in the Hydraulic unit.

It cant really just loose its coding like that, it suggests it could be more of a loom issue. The coding is accessable in developer mode (for the ESP), those other adaptations are just regular parameters.

Skreem is the immobilizer/key thingo

Eric Experience

Walter.
The most common cause of the three lights is the brake light switch. The second is a pick up moved away from the tone wheel.The abs pick ups are held by friction and can be pulled out cleaned and pushed back by hand. The blinkers are driven by electronics, if your blinker was on at the moment of impact it may have caused a problem if the wires to the light in the bull bar were shorted. As Owner says check the earth on the abs unit. Eric

Top Bottom