Sprinter 316cdi- Help with fault codes

316cdi210

Pumping the gas:)
Sprinter 316CDI- Limp Mode

Hi all. i suffer Limp mode at 3k RPM. It happened on the higway, when i was driving up to a small climb. the car suddenly lost all power, the revlimiter was limited to 3000k RPM.

I took the car to my friends workshop. me and him got over the turbo hoses, intake manifold hose etc. no split seen, no damage, all the hoses was in good condition. He told me to change the intake-air-temp sensor which we did.

what can cause a limp mode on a sprinter? we have changed the turbo pressure valve ( under the airfilter) and the Map-sensor and intake-air-temp sensor which sits right between the map-sensor.

please a help a man in need!

Best regards, inanc

316cdi210

Hi all. i had the car in the diagnosis machine. and it came up a few codes. Here is the listing:

I couldnt figure how to translate the fault codes to English- its translated from norwegian language so i just write the codes

I would be thankfull if someone would help me. i suffer limp mode everytime on the higway when driving. The car is limited to 3k RPM when that happens.

P0500:
P1330:
P0600:
P1470: Pressure control sensor( under the airfilter) i have replaced it
P1630:
P2007:
P0105: Map-sensor i have replaced it
P1610:
P1187:
P0201:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Reasons I found at Sprinter-Source.com, thanks to Vic (Aqua-Puttana)...

P0500: No Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal
P1330:
P0600: Can Data Bus Bus Circuit Fault
P1470: Pressure control sensor( under the airfilter) i have replaced it
P1630: Immobilizer
P2007: Intake Manif Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank2
P0105: Map-sensor i have replaced it
P1610: Engine Control Relay Shuts Off Too Early
P1187: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showpost.php?p=100886&postcount=359
P0201: Cylinder 1 Injector Circuit Excessive Current
I can't find P1330. Doing a google on P1330, I find starter control circuit problem. This could be an after effect of a non-start so I would look at the other problems.

Did you look at the other problems (that people have mentioned in the thread)...Vacuum line, EGR, etc. I didn't see any mention about fuel filter change(s) if at all (P1187).

316cdi210

Reasons I found at Sprinter-Source.com, thanks to Vic (Aqua-Puttana)...

I can't find P1330. Doing a google on P1330, I find starter control circuit problem. This could be an after effect of a non-start so I would look at the other problems.

Did you look at the other problems (that people have mentioned in the thread)...Vacuum line, EGR, etc. I didn't see any mention about fuel filter change(s) if at all (P1187).
Hi seek. thanks for the help. i have checked the hoses overall. i have replaced the turbo pressure valve under the air filter, that has 2vacuum lines on. the car is running good, but i get limp mode on the highway etc. I cant find the problem. what parts should i change at my fault codes that its reading? i have allready changed the map-sensor, and that turbo pressure valve.

What parts will it want me to change in the fault codes up in the site? if you could tell me which parts to replace i would be thankfull

Best regards, inanc

talkinghorse43

I didn't see any mention about fuel filter change(s) if at all (P1187).
The fuel filter is a good possibility. Also, this engine has the low pressure fuel pump mounted on the front of the engine, so any air leak into the line or filter before the pump could limit fuel quantity delivered and limit performance. An air leak would be indicated if air bubbles can be seen in the transparent fuel lines.

316cdi210

The fuel filter is a good possibility. Also, this engine has the low pressure fuel pump mounted on the front of the engine, so any air leak into the line or filter before the pump could limit fuel quantity delivered and limit performance. An air leak would be indicated if air bubbles can be seen in the transparent fuel lines.
I will check the fuel filter and the and lines. what bubble is that? do you mean that line(hose) thats going from the fuel filter? i will check for bubbles when the car is running.

Why does it go in to limp mode? im tired of the faults. i want to know why it goes in to limp mode. only that. it looses all power when driving at highway, then the revlimiter is restricted to 3k RPM.

i dont want to drive beast like this sprinter running bad. Please guys help me! what possiblity of the fault codes lead to limp mode?

Best best regards, inanc

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I will check the fuel filter and the and lines. what bubble is that? do you mean that line(hose) thats going from the fuel filter? i will check for bubbles when the car is running.

Why does it go in to limp mode? im tired of the faults. i want to know why it goes in to limp mode. only that. it looses all power when driving at highway, then the revlimiter is restricted to 3k RPM.
If you haven't changed the fuel filter or know whether the fuel has been changed, it's a good idea to have it changed.

Air bubbles in the fuel line means there is air being sucked into the fuel system due to cracks in the hoses or bad connections. This will definitely cause the Sprinter to go into limp mode.

There's no easy answer as to why it goes into limp mode. We're giving you the possibilities. You need to look into the hints that we're giving you, otherwise you won't get out of limp mode.

316cdi210

If you haven't changed the fuel filter or know whether the fuel has been changed, it's a good idea to have it changed.

Air bubbles in the fuel line means there is air being sucked into the fuel system due to cracks in the hoses or bad connections. This will definitely cause the Sprinter to go into limp mode.

There's no easy answer as to why it goes into limp mode. We're giving you the possibilities. You need to look into the hints that we're giving you, otherwise you won't get out of limp mode.
I will change the fuel filter. I just looked undernear the car one day, due liqued at the asphalt, and saw diesel dripping from the hoses. I will make a closer look into it. What is the faultcode p2007? Intake manifold runner stock? Best regards inanc

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
What engine do you have ?
They go into Limp Home Mode if the sensors think something is acting out of specification and LHM will save the engine or Transmission from internal damage.

A diesel leak in the fuel line connections is possible.
If you have an OM612 engine check under the van near the alternator/ turbo area to see if the vacuum hose came off of the turbo actuator

Attachments

Top Bottom