Under-cabinet LED lamps

PMorris

Has anyone tried to replace the LED fixtures in the rear over the beds with either a brighter LED lamp or an LED eyeball spot? If so, what did you use?

TIA!

Peter

PMorris

Gary,
We have a 2012 RS. The lamps I'm referring to are the recessed LED 'pucks' with the integrated on/off switch that are above the driver and passenger captain seats and above the rear couch/bed.

Did changing out the LED lamp increase the brightness? I'm not very concerned about the front pair, but the rear ones point straight down, which places the illuminated circle behind me when I'm sitting on the couch to read.

Thanks,

Peter

gte

2008 RS
Peter
I bought the higher temperature(~6000K) light which has a blue cast versus the softer more yellow color at ~4000K. It is brighter. The halogen that came with the RS was a dull yellow color, hot, and took a lot of energy. The blue cast is okay but if I were to do it again I would try something a bit lower temperature if possible. I am planning to change the bath light and may look for an LED closer to 4000K. Hope that helps.
Gary

RT.SS

Gary,
We have a 2012 RS. The lamps I'm referring to are the recessed LED 'pucks' with the integrated on/off switch that are above the driver and passenger captain seats and above the rear couch/bed.

Did changing out the LED lamp increase the brightness? I'm not very concerned about the front pair, but the rear ones point straight down, which places the illuminated circle behind me when I'm sitting on the couch to read.

Thanks,

Peter
Not sure with your RS, but the overhead rear puck lights on my 2011 Agile can be slightly pointed to any directions.

I also changed the halogen bulbs to LED which I got from Ebay, here is the link to the blog post with pictures: http://roadtreklife.blogspot.com/2014/02/diy-replacing-reading-light-halogen.html

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Peter,
I am not certain which RV you have. I replaced one back and one front of the lights with LED lights with extended leads. The extended leads fit better than the shorter ones. An example below.

http://www.sailorsams.com/12-volt-LED-Bulbs-10-SMD-G4-EXTENDED-back-pins_p_5571.html
Gary
2008 RS
Gary - I'm not seeing that link come up at the web site.

Do you (or anyone else) know of an alternate source for plug-compatible LED light bulbs to replace the OEM Roadtrek Halogen lights?

Our unit is a 2009 Adventurous RS.

Thanks!

rich

gte

2008 RS
Gary - I'm not seeing that link come up at the web site.

Do you (or anyone else) know of an alternate source for plug-compatible LED light bulbs to replace the OEM Roadtrek Halogen lights?

Our unit is a 2009 Adventurous RS.

Thanks!

rich
Rich
If you go to the Sailor Sam link and choose the LED tab on the left you will see a lot of LED plug in options including the extended lead one I chose. Hope that helps

mowog

Peter:

Our RS has the swivel ceiling lights (2 front/2 rear) with the frosted lenses. They use G4 base bulbs. I bought replacement LED for them and the other house halogens at dealexteme. I removed the frosted glass as the LEDs were taller than the halogens. I can now change bulbs (haven't had to) without removing the bezel. I'm thinking the Halogens were only 5 or 10 watt. Someone on the forums replaced them with higher watt ones and melted the housings. I'm thinking the glass lens is a safety thing with the heat an potential glass with the halogens.

http://www.dx.com/c/lights-lighting-1399/led-bulbs-strips-1301/g4-1322

Removing the bezels of these lights is not simple. Be ready for a few broken retaining tabs. I used double sided tape (those little squares made by 3M and the like) cut in curved segments to reattach my bezels. Has been holding for 3 years.

I also replaced the outside "porch" and bath bulb, which I think were T10, and the "night" light on the fluorescent fixtures with I think 31mm festoon LEDs.

Bob Skillman
Ellicott City, MD
2011 RS

Top Bottom