Having series doubts about Glenbrook Dodge

Silver

On Sept 23 I was in an accident when a lady feel asleep and the wheel and rear-ended me (8:15 in the morning and she falls asleep). The steel bumper guard I installed to protect my bumper from fork trucks saved my van from major damage, which probably would've kept me from being able to drive it home, but damaged other parts instead. Anyways I took it to Glenbrook Dodge in Ft Wayne, IN (I don't like Stoops in Indy as they treat me like I'm an idiot because I'm a female and do 1/2 a$$ job at repairs) to get the rear end damage repaired and a check the tranny leak. While there it's I am told that all of a sudden my alternator is failing and I need to have it replaced, I tell the guy the thing was just replaced in July/August and it's strange that it would just start messing up while supposedly PARKED at their shop. I have my doubts on this as it is kinda strange that it would just out of no where start to fail. When the last one failed there were of course warning signs.

I was told they couldn't work on it because my adjuster took the last week off and didn't leave word of any supplement coming in. So, supposedly while my Sprinter was parked in their lot the alternator just fails???? This alternator is a NEW one and probably doesn't even have 40,000 miles on it. Then I was called back and told my 2 rear tires were bad (bulging) and that they need to be replaced too and that they were what was causing my shudder when I drove the van. Now I know the wheels did need replaced as the tread was getting a little low for heading into winter but they weren't that bad and I had NO shudder of any kind BEFORE the accident. I also find it strange that the shop that just checked all my tires out for me would miss seeing this "bulging" but yet they find it? When I question the guy on this (as it's not the service guys calling me but the repair shop guy) he just states that this is what service told him. Of course NONE of these things they are adding that needs to be done was caused the accident. I have been off work due to my Sprinter being down and my lower back getting injured in the accident and yet he wants me to fork over big $$ to get all this fixed.

To me this seems like they are trying to find things wrong with my van instead of just concentrating on trying to find out why there is a transmission shudder that wasn't there BEFORE the accident. Not to mention just plain fixing the damage done IN the accident. :yell:

I am at a total loss for what to do. I have heard of places switching out good parts for bad ones to get more $$ in their pockets, then they turn around and sell the good parts they removed as used parts. I'm not saying that's what they have done...just saying I have HEARD of it being done. I also have no way to prove that the alternator in there is the one I had put in a few months ago but I just find it REALLY hard to believe that an alternator can go bad while sitting in a parking lot NOT being driven.

So I went from a van that had rear-end damage, frame rail damage and a transmission leak. To now having all of the above + needing new tires and a new alternator. I am at a total loss on this one. So just FYI be VERY careful when going to Glenbrook dodge for ANY repairs or work done to your sprinter.

Last edited:
Your 2003 may be exhibiting the all to common RSN, Rumble Strip Noise. There different causes, among them a bad TCM, a flex plate, a torque converter. The first and easiest fix is to service the transmission. A change of the filter, and oil may or may not help. Both my Sprinters had AmZoil installed, which helped. There is an O'ring that needs replacement at the transmission service.

Do a search for "RSN" and "transmission service". You might also do a search for "alternators".
You can never be to knowlagable when having your Sprinter in the shop.

hayduke

2005/2006 leisure travel
wouldnt there be a serial # on the alternator and on your invoice for same from 4 months ago?

Silver

Re: Having serious doubts about Glenbrook Dodge

wouldnt there be a serial # on the alternator and on your invoice for same from 4 months ago?
I don't know if it would or not and unfortunately my brother misplaced the receipt as he was the one that picked it up for me as I it went out on me while I was on the road. I've asked him to look for it but he just recently moved and so it might take him awhile to search all of the boxes. :idunno: I'm also searching through all my receipts to see if I might have it but I haven't been able to find it.

I would not think the sn would be on the invoice. Why not call the supplier of the alternator and ask for a copy of the invoice?

Top Bottom