after market swivel base with OEM suspension seat

Hello all

I consider the Mercedes Benz sprinter Van 4x4 170 ext with suspension seat. I wonder if the after market swivel bases are compatible with OEM suspension.

Has anyone done this way ? your information and feed back are greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance

sailquik

danielto98,
Pretty sure the OEM MB suspension seats will NOT work with aftermarket seat swivels.
The OEM suspension seats use a shorter height seat box, and if you added the swivels the height of the
seat would be way too high.
To get the same seat height as the OEM suspension seats, you would have to have an even shorter
seat box fabricated.
Aftermarket seat swivels are a pretty scary item to my way of thinking as they are not "crash tested" and approved
by the NHTSA in the same ways that OEM seats (all flavors) have to be tested.
Still not sure why so many want swivel seats.
I sit in that suspension seat a lot, usually > 18 hours per week, in my normal driving, so about the last thing I
would want, when I get somewhere, would be to sit back down in the seat facing the other direction.
Roger

DOTWORKZ

I ordered the suspension seats on my 2015 , love them but the swivel in the passenger side would really help the layout.

I have heard the same issues and spent many hours looking this. I think it is worth trying ? Everyone has been just rolling over and saying its tall high, not safe, blah but I think it has not been really looked at.

I am going to order a sport craft and try it ? My thoughts are yes it it will raise the seat by 2" but then the adjust the lowering feature all the way down.

Why is safety a sticking point on this ? Is the 2 " higher the only issue here?

What I am missing with this concept?

Thanks for the input.

I would like to look at all options before I order the 2016 4x4 170 ext.

I have two young children. It would help the lay out of van conversion with four captains seats. 3 and 4 will be recliners (Toyota Sienna recliners) .

The van conversion will not have the dinette set up in the back, just a permanent bed.

Onefin

Thanks for the input.

I would like to look at all options before I order the 2016 4x4 170 ext.

I have two young children. It would help the lay out of van conversion with four captains seats. 3 and 4 will be recliners (Toyota Sienna recliners) .

The van conversion will not have the dinette set up in the back, just a permanent bed.
3. No longer available, Swivel Bucket Seat or Suspension Seat Options on all 2500 cargo vans and 3500 cargo vans with the 9,990 GVWR, still available on 3500 cargo vans over 10,000 GVWR.

So the GVWR is going to dictate if you can order the suspension seats on a 2016

DieselFumes

2015 4x4 2500 170 Crew
Hello all

I consider the Mercedes Benz sprinter Van 4x4 170 ext with suspension seat. I wonder if the after market swivel bases are compatible with OEM suspension.
I looked in to this a while back. If you can get them imported, the RIB Scopema bases claim to work (I have not tried). Driver’s is CBTO15G2SPE, passenger’s is CBTO15D2. Driver’s is mounted between seat and suspension base, passenger’s between slides and bench. Driver’s side is marked as “not approved.”

Good luck!

I looked in to this a while back. If you can get them imported, the RIB Scopema bases claim to work (I have not tried). Driver’s is CBTO15G2SPE, passenger’s is CBTO15D2. Driver’s is mounted between seat and suspension base, passenger’s between slides and bench. Driver’s side is marked as “not approved.”

Good luck!
DieselFumes

Thank you for information. 2013 sprinter seat is not comfortable for my wife as well as the kids.
I like to explore a different option before I place the order of the 2016 sprinter 4x4 170 ext. I will convert it myself.

Other option is to use toyota Sienna reclining seats. I can get all four captain seat so I do not have to get sprinter seats to be upholstered to match with Toyota Sienna seats.

Top Bottom