how to remove middle row swiveling captain's chair

a friend just bought a used 2006 roadtrek sprinter with the middle row captains chair and wants to know how to remove the driver's side chair and the box it sits on - anyone here have any experience in this? I easily removed my standard chair, but this looks more complicated. The standard chair just required 9 screws to be taken out......

ddefreese

Hi, Wendy,

I took mine out. I have a 2010 RS, on the 2009 Sprinter. The box has lots of small screws to remove, but the seat itself is held on with four bolts that come up through the floor and are welded in place. You can take the four nuts off the bolts and lift the seat out, but the bolts still stick up about an inch or so above the floor. Since I was using the space for a big dog's bed, I put a piece of plywood over the area, with holes drilled out for the bolts. That helped keep them from poking the bed.

The big problem is the bracket holding the seatbelt. The bolts holding it down are welded, so it can't be easily removed. Not a problem for me, but could be for others.

Darryl

Thanks, I will warn her about that welded in seat belt bracket. I had to leave mine in place as well, but I use soft crates so I was able to just push the crate into the space, bending it gently to fit.

Top Bottom