Heated Mirrors?

jasonec500

I've been thinking about asking this since I bought my sprinter a few months ago just haven't remembered to ask. Does anyone know how to turn on the heated rear view mirrors? I assume since I can't find a switch just for the mirrors that they come on with some other system. What do they come on with? I know this is highly unlikely, but is it possible mb forgot the switch? Thanks!

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Winter was a while ago, but I believe that the switch that turns on the heated windshield also actuates the mirrors' heating elements.

boardster

Thanks for reminding me.
My sticker clearly states "power heated mirrors",
and although the power adjustment is obvious,
I have'nt seen anything related to heating them
in the vehicle let alone the manual.

avid

Saphira's rider
I was surprised to read a post here recently that stated they were on all the time, regardless. The sprinterista said to feel your mirrors after running. By jove, the doggone things are really warm. I don't have the optional heated windshield either. It's really a trip figuring out what all the features of this chassis are. :rad:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
I didn't think you could have heated mirrors w/o the heated windshield, but regardless, the heating feature does come on when the engine's running, but the manuals says it goes off in 5 minutes; that matches my memory.

heated-glass.JPG

Last edited:

boardster

I don't have the heated windshield, but do have the power heated mirrors.
No switch, and the manual says nothing about the heat function.
I'll touch them today before the fog burns away.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
hello all ,
i have those heated mirrors and they seem to be on all the time, any time you touch them they are warm, i was thinking about putting a switch to knock them off/on. great in rain and fog also the heated windscreen is a must have option, icy windscreen first thing in the morning flick the switch and 2/3 minutes later clear as a bell:clapping:, fantastic.
max....

Top Bottom