Couple of things I did with Magnets

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Other posters recommended using Reflectix to cut and use in all the windows, http://www.lowes.com/pd_13358-56291-BP48025_0__?productId=3011906, which I did even on the bathroom window. Really cuts the heat. But then I had the problem of the skylight, to much light in the morning coming through with shade pulled, wakes me up, then it gets so hot during the day. so I took Neodymium Magnets 1/2 x 1/8 inch Disc N48, which I got on Amazon, and cut a piece of Reflectix to go over the skylight hole and taped the magnets on the Reflectiv to correspond with the screw heads in the skylight. I also took a large paperclip and a washer and bent the paperclip to clip washer, used tape to keep washer on paper clip, to skylight trim in middle and taped magnet to Reflectix for that location. The magnets stick to the screw heads and keep Reflectix in place. When I don't use it just fold in half and put in closet.
-I also used neodymium magnets, CMS Magnetics® N42 Neodymium Magnets Dia 3/4" x 1/8" w/ Countersunk Hole for #8 Screw on North Pole, that I got on Amazon, and unscrewed the grating from the bottom of the tv cabinet and screwed this magnet in its place. Now the grating sticks to the magnet and I can easily take it on and off for cleaning. There is some empty space down there and I put a few dvds down there for storage.
-In the kitchen I replaced the shade with a sun block roller shade from Lowe's for less than $15. I took the counter sunk magnets and screwed them into the wall with the screws that held the old shade tension strings. In the one close to the spice rack I twisty tied another magnet to a squirting bottle of hand soap and it sticks there when driving. For the screw/magnet near the slide, I slide the wooden slat that is the roller shades pull down and taped a magnet to the end and slide back in the sleeve. Now it sticks to the magnet in holds flat to the kitchen window. I suck a large washer to the screw/magnet on the wall so I don't have to be so precise with the shade pull magnet.
-I also sewed three or four magnets along the inside edges of the curtains I added to shut the cab off from the coach. Now I can keep the curtains together easy and if I want to operate the entertainment system they just easily pull apart and go back together again.

Thought some might be interested in these ideas, Get some magnets and see what you can do to make things easier to use in your coach. :rad:

Attachments

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Do not know if it will work in a Unity skylight but I used a piece of 1" thick rigid insulation cut for interference fit for a Maxxair fan. Taped the edges with duct tape. Notched it for the control and that gives a finger hold to pull it out.

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
I used some foil duct tape to add a short "hem" tab to my driver/passenger side window reflectix sun shields with a Neodymium magnet sandwiched inside to get them to stay in place better. There is nothing magnetic along the bottom of the window so this is just on the sides and top of the reflectix sunscreen.

Last edited:

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I put magnets on my fire extinguisher housing so I can easily remove it to get into the large opening in the tv cabinet where I installed my solar controls. I used 3/4" countersunk Neodymium magnets from Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/CMS-Magnet...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/CMS-Magnet...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) and screwed them into the existing screw holes in the cabinet and used 3/8" short machine screws with nut and lock washer to secure to FE plastic housing. They really hold the FE in place and you just pull the FE out when you want to access the tv cabinet. There's lots of space in there for dvds or small stuff. I set a plastic tray over the wires and put my stuff in the tray so it's easy to reach in or lift out to get to those things.

Attachments

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Great ideas on these magnets! The darned Velcro Tabs that I've tried fall off due to heat, etc. I use a great source for a bunch of different Neodymium Magnets: AmazingMagnets.com.
Cheap prices -- lots of different sizes and strengths.

Top Bottom