2011 Radio Wiring Harness

infobits

Hi all, I want to install a rear view camera LCD Display in a 2011 Sprinter but cannot find any information on the wiring diagram nor wire color codes for this vehicle. Can someone please tell me where I can best splice into the ignition switched ACC wire so that the LCD display gets powered on only when the ignition switch is turned on? Where would be the best place to tap into this wire for switched 12V power. (I guess I can rip out the radio and trace the wires for it but would like to avoid all that unecessary work).
How come it is so hard to get info on these vehicles? Thanks to anyone who can help with this info!

While we're at it, what is also the best place to tap into the reverse lights power on when the 2011 Sprinter is put into reverse gear? I've already tapped into the reverse lights at the back of the van for the backup camera. But would like to find the place up front by the drivers seat where is that wire and what color? Thanks for anyone who can answer!

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Best place I presume would still be the ACC wire from your radio. It's the closest in proximity (I guess this depends on where you're mounting your LCD display) and it's probably fused with a similar rating as your radio.

Can't answer the reverse light, but I'm thinking that would be wires coming out of your shifter.

b1jc

There's no switched wire to your stereo, just a permanent live. The can bus controlls your stereo.

The easiest place is the yellow & black wire going to your glove box light, that's a switched +

Don't know where to tap into the reverse light circuit though.

Hoppingmad

Not sure about your 2011 but I did find a switched leaded going to my sound 10 in my 2005. I know there was a constant also but I hooked my new radio with the monitor to the switched one.
My van had the factory mounted camera and in the left pillar, (drivers side) there was a 3 wire plug, red , black, green? (light gage wires) grnd, reverse switched and ?
I now wish while I was snaking wires, I had run the camera hot to the front instead of the reverse lights. Then a toggle switch could have turned it on while I was driving in-case I wanted to look backwards.
Somebody else installed a second switched camera to the side for backing up. I may do that in the future. But my color monitor is loads better then the previous b&w

infobits

Thanks everyone that has replied and offered to help with whatever info you had. So far nothing helps me though. I probably will go the hard route of dismantling the dash and getting at the ignition switch plug and then just measuring each pin for the right switched ACC wire.

If anyone has any info on the ignition switch plug pinouts and/or wire color codes, please let me know. Is there any official service manual published or made available for the 2011 Sprinter yet? I cannot believe how hidden all this info is kept on these vehicles!:hmmm:

infobits

You do have switched hots under the drivers seat.
I woukld figure that it does in many places. But the question is where exactly and what plug/connector and wire color or pin number it is that is best to splice and tap on to for the switched ACC +12V.

ben322

I know the T1N's reverse trigger wire is the white/black stripe wire from the shifter, (I installed a reverse camera on my dads '06). It would be easy enough to check if it's the same one in the NCV3 with a multimeter.

qcsi

Have you tried the web site our excellent adventures.com/sprinter? You can access a builders guide that I found really helpful.

rinogo

I know the T1N's reverse trigger wire is the white/black stripe wire from the shifter, (I installed a reverse camera on my dads '06). It would be easy enough to check if it's the same one in the NCV3 with a multimeter.
Unfortunately, this does not seem to be accurate for T1Ns (there isn't even a white/black stripe wire coming out of the shifter).

Rather, I have found that the "reverse trigger", or according to the service manual, "back-up lamp" is a 16 gauge white wire with red stripe. I have confirmed this with the manual and with a multimeter. This wire is to the right of my finger in "photo 2.JPG" below.

Happy Sprintering!

Attachments

Top Bottom