Water Inlet Leaking

gww7576

With the pump pressurizing the water system the city water inlet fitting aft of the left door leaks steadily. We never use city water so valves are in the right position. Any ideas? :idunno:

Trekker

Trekker
Sounds like the check valve at the city water inlet is malfunctioning. Mine went bad some time ago. It's an easy replacement. They are available at many RV supply places online and in RV supply stores.

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Did a search to find this thread.

I have a 2009 RT Adventurous with this problem.

I see that the valve body is attached to the coach with some kind of ring against the metal mounting plate. I can't quite figure out how to remove the ring.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

gte

2008 RS
With the pump pressurizing the water system the city water inlet fitting aft of the left door leaks steadily. We never use city water so valves are in the right position. Any ideas? :idunno:
Trekker is probably right. I replaced mine and it is easy to do.

a suggestion.
Since you do not use the city water inlet it may have dried out or gotten dirt in it so you might try connecting water once and run some in to see if that reseats the city water valve. This worked for me fo a while.
Later,on it leaked again and I once tried pushing the center of the city water valve to reseat it and it worked, however, the second time I did this there was a lot of pressure behind it and the o-ring seal became dislodged and it leaked a lot. Oh well, It needed to be replaced anyway.

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Trekker is probably right. I replaced mine and it is easy to do.

a suggestion.
Since you do not use the city water inlet it may have dried out or gotten dirt in it so you might try connecting water once and run some in to see if that reseats the city water valve. This worked for me fo a while.
Later,on it leaked again and I once tried pushing the center of the city water valve to reseat it and it worked, however, the second time I did this there was a lot of pressure behind it and the o-ring seal became dislodged and it leaked a lot. Oh well, It needed to be replaced anyway.
Gary - How do you take off the valve from where it connects to the Coach?

RT.SS

@Sunnyandrich, mine is riveted into the mounting plate. The "ring" you were referring is likey the aluminum rivets, you need to drill them out to remove. I also replaced mine with a better quality one which is made of brass.

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
@Sunnyandrich, mine is riveted into the mounting plate. The "ring" you were referring is likey the aluminum rivets, you need to drill them out to remove. I also replaced mine with a better quality one which is made of brass.
Got it, thanks a bunch.

I'll be giving this a shot soon.

gte

2008 RS
I agree with RT. As I recall the hose to the RV unscrews from the valve assembly but you do need to drill out the pop rivets.
My new valve is better than the original and came with a screen/gasket combination for filtering out stuff. That gasket did not work and leaked until I tossed it and installed a regular hose gasket. All my city water goes through an RV filter so the screen was redundant

mowog

I use a brass quick dis connect valve with a garden hose end, fitted with a male plug which seals it. I originally bought it to keep everything clean and sealed. It probably would also solve your leaking valve until you could do a more permanent repair. The loop on the plug keeps me from loosing the cap as the brass coupler is attached to it.

this cap: http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Garden-H...29482034&sr=8-1&keywords=water+hose+male+plug

fits in the end of this connector that attached to the van: http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Garden-H...29482034&sr=8-1&keywords=water+hose+male+plug

Bob Skillman
Ellicott City, MD
2011 RS

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
In the end I had the valve replaced by a RT dealer. $30 for the part, 15 min labor. They had to drill/replace the pop rivets.

So I am good now, thanks all.

Top Bottom