My 2016 4x4 Outfitted for electrical/fire alarm contracting

Nicely done! Good use of Sketchup/CAD. Also, that is a nice collection of conduit benders you have there!
Thanks for looking. I have already done multiple service calls and layout makes it very simple for me to get the job done efficiently. Before I had parts buried in my Chevy that I couldn't find. Sprinter allows for everything to be in arms reach.

Thanks guys. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have problems with it like a lot of people. I plan to have it sevice properly and purchase the extended warranty but that would be the least of my problems because having a work truck sit in a shop for weeks for lack of parts means I am not making money and that's a problem.

GSWatson

2013 144
I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep in mind that most of the people on forums are here to help with their problems. Who reads threads that say "hey, everyone, just wanted to say that nothing has happened yet."? ;-)

Well done! How are you liking the AV small parts boxes?
Hi Andy. The bins are suprisingly well built. The latch going from left to right on the front of the bin is smart unlike a hinge latch so is less prone to braking. What I did was buy 2 CAM 3 and 2 CAM 6 which came with the bins. I bolted them together and then adjusted the shelf height of the unit on the passenger side and slid the bolted unit in the frame of the shelf unit. I then bolted those top and bottom which was tricky. I also had to modify slightly the bottom shelf t accomdate the wheel well. I cut a small section and folded it back but to keep the rigidity I did an x pattern of steel bracing on the back side of the unit. The bins make getting parts quick and easy and I labeled them but also placed a label on the frame and on the bin so subconsciously I will start just memorizing numbers correspondening to the bin :) the other blue large bins installed in the raks I use to hold conduit parts and boxes and bwing able to configure them makes fitting parts simple. Self stacking too so I can just pull a hand truck

I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep in mind that most of the people on forums are here to help with their problems. Who reads threads that say "hey, everyone, just wanted to say that nothing has happened yet."? ;-)
Currently, I am sitting at my local freightliner having it looked at with less than 500 miles on it because there is a smell of plastic burning on the passenger side under the van. I noticed it last night and the smell got so strong I had to open the windows because it came into the cabin when I looked underneath with a flashlight I saw smoke now it looks like the Cadillac converter it started happening again today just not as strong so they are taking a look at it. I'm thinking that there is a wire or piece of plastic touching the metal. My inclination is to think because these are taking apart and then reassemble in the US that's where the errors occur anyone mechanical noise when you start taking things apart and putting it back together it is usually never as strong as it once was from the factory unless it's defective.

HarryN

I could almost bet that I saw a van with that labeling parked in San Ramon, CA near a round table last night. Is yours the only one like that or are they common?

Top Bottom