Limited Slip Diff Sprinter??

PLUMMER

Is the axle a limited slip. It doesn't say otherwise in brochure,site and cannot get an answer from dealer/salesman.
TIA

Dave

Could you add a limited of locker rear end if not.......

nocky

Mine has traction control using the brakes to limit wheel spin. It also reduces the power output of the motor. You can turn it off if you need to spin the wheel clean, in muddy conditions. I‘ve gotten stuck in the pits a few times.:thumbdown:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Is the axle a limited slip. It doesn't say otherwise in brochure,site and cannot get an answer from dealer/salesman.
TIA

Dave

Could you add a limited of locker rear end if not.......
No limited slip - no posi-traction.

What follows is something I've not found written documentation to support. It comes from the writings of other Sprinter owners.

As I understand it, there are speed sensors that feed information about wheel rotation to the main control module to provide that legendary traction control.

If one rear wheel is spinning while the other is not, the brake is applied - yes, w/o your consent - to the traction-free wheel.

I don't know how, but this transfers torsion to the wheel that's theoretically not spinning uselessly, so the vehicle can motivate free.

This sneaky braking is part of the traction control system. You can temporarily disable this intelligence by hitting the little button for towing. Instructions are in the Owners Manual.

This button tells the traction control system, "Stand down. We're being towed... I know the sensor input is crazy, but don't lock the brakes; it's ok."

Welcome to the 21st century.

As I understand it, there will be no option in 2008 for a button on the Sprinter that will make it fold itself up into a brief case; George Jetson hasn't been born yet, apparently.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Dave
Mate dealers are oxygen thieves, :smilewink:
Ask the mob here and you'll get a better answer .
Jon hit it almost to the mark ! Gee I have competition:thumbup:
Included in this thread is a video link to 4 matic all-wheel drive, the principal is identical to the rear only AWD on the Sprinters
By 2010 Sprinters will have it in the States, Put it together with Blutec and the seven speed triponic NAG 111 trans and this van will rock.
Enjoy the experience.
Richard
YouTube - Paris 2006: Mercedes Benz 4Matic

Top Bottom