Power Tech Generator - Sprinter specific fit

synergy_58

2009 Navion and 2015 Crew
Hey all...
Has any one installed a Power Tech PT-3SV2 generator onto their sprinter? I'm about to pull the trigger on an install and need feedback. I currently have an Onan diesel, an RV QD 3200 diesel gen on my Navion and it works really well, though parts are expensive, like filters, oil, etc...
I hear the Power Tech uses a Kubota engine and parts can be purchased most anywhere, unlike Onan, which parts comes from Cummins' and is pricey.

Any feed back would be very interesting, informative and valuable!!!

Thanks!

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
It seems to a Crow that if the 3200 is working..... occasional parts and Maintainence to keep it running a LOT less expensive than a new generator with unproven provenance? And.... you have the cost of installation/modification/duplication and frustration??

The 'net says the QD 3200 is discontinued..... so? Parts are still available.

Not to mention .... the Power Tech is liquid cooled and 200 WATTS LESS power and weighs 55#s more than the Onan. Kubota, or not, if you think that a liquid cooled job is going to be less expensive to maintain than an air cooled..... I'd reconsider that thought. Eventually, it will need hoses and a coolant change.

:idunno:

Last edited:

synergy_58

2009 Navion and 2015 Crew
It seems to a Crow that if the 3200 is working..... occasional parts and Maintainence to keep it running a LOT less expensive than a new generator with unproven provenance? And.... you have the cost of installation/modification/duplication and frustration??

The 'net says the QD 3200 is discontinued..... so? Parts are still available.

Not to mention .... the Power Tech is liquid cooled and 200 WATTS LESS power and weighs 55#s more than the Onan. Kubota, or not, if you think that a liquid cooled job is going to be less expensive to maintain than an air cooled..... I'd reconsider that thought. Eventually, it will need hoses and a coolant change.

:idunno:
Hm?

Some clarity... though I never said I was replacing the gen in my Navion. I asked if anyone ever installed one on their Sprinter. In any case...

I am wanting to install the Power Tech onto my 2015 Sprinter, which currently has no generator. I don't think less or more of the Onan than I do the Power Tech...I don't know, that's why I'm asking the forum folks.

denishil33

I have as of today installed one. Except for one thing. I have no idea where to mount coolant reservoir. does anyone know where this is usually installed?

Top Bottom