Solar Panel for Agile

amydon

Roadtrek is installing a 200 watt solar panel on our Agile. I would appreciate any information, sites or experience concerning this unit. Thanks, Don

jackfish

I hope you have room up there for 2000 square inches or more of panel without it being shaded by any roof appurtenances. They must have to go over (remove?) the vent/fan with a 200 watt panel. Most panels that size are 18 or 24 volts so you will probably get a MPPT solar controller. Are you getting the free offer?

mowog

On pics of the Etrek the panel is mounted sideways in front of the fan opening. It obviously can't be done with the winegard antenna. I was surprised how small it appeared for 200W.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of my TV antenna for this setup. I just need the price to come down to where it makes sense.

Please keep is informed how it works out for you.

Bob Skillman
Ellicott City, MD
2011 RS

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Are you getting the AIMS charger/inverter/solar controller? I saw on RoadTreking.com a couple getting solar added to their old RV and that was what was added to theirs... Curious if it ends up replacing, i.e. removing the original charger/converter when RT does their upgrade. Thinking of doing it to my RV... Of course my RV has two batteries, does the Agile? Where would you put them?

-Randy

amydon

Are you getting the AIMS charger/inverter/solar controller? I saw on RoadTreking.com a couple getting solar added to their old RV and that was what was added to theirs... Curious if it ends up replacing, i.e. removing the original charger/converter when RT does their upgrade. Thinking of doing it to my RV... Of course my RV has two batteries, does the Agile? Where would you put them?

-Randy
They installed a MPPT Solar System Controller. Two panels on top, one in front and one in back. The Agile has two house batteries. They did not remove or replace the Tripp Lite inverter/charger. The SS Agile is the same is the RS but shorter.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Perfect, if you always park facing north your rear solar panel won't be shaded, and the other panel has nothing near it to shade it. I knew there was a reason the Sprinter has a compass.

-Randy

Top Bottom