Happy Little Vegemite
"IMPORTANT NOTICE''

YEAR 2003 TO 2006
SERIES 2500 TO 3500

RECALL ON DEFECTIVE INTERIOR LIGHTING WITH REAR AIR-CON ON SOME MODELS

RECALL.jpg
RECALL 2
MERCEDES SPRINTERS 2006 TO 2007 1.8 07
ALL AUSTRALIAN SPRINTERS FOR EMERGENCY SERVICES GROUNDED TO SPEED LIMIT OF 30 MILES PER HOUR
POSSIBLE DEPLOYMENT OF AIR BAGS ELECTRONIC MIS CONFIGURATION DUE TO FREQUENCY CHANGES NOT IN COMPLIANCE TO RETROFITTING ACC'S/ CHRYSLER SPRINTERS N/A AMERICAN BASED.
RECALL ON ALL 07 BASED SPRINTERS POSSIBLE DEFECTIVE AIR BAG, DEPLOYMENT.
WARNING CONSULT DEALERSHIP FOR ADVICE
WRITE DOWN TIME AND DATE AS TO EXACTALLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD IN THE CASE OF MISINFORMATION
RICHARD
RECALL 2.jpg

stp57

Alright Richard,
I know that you have a unique sense of humor, but are ALL of these recalls legitimate? 30mph for ambulances? Airbag deployment?
Steve

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Alright Richard,
I know that you have a unique sense of humor, but are ALL of these recalls legitimate? 30mph for ambulances? Airbag deployment?
Steve
Steve this is a genuine recall in the US for both the above , which is why They say contact the Daimler Chrysler origination, the dealers don't seem to be involved at the moment?
Aussie air bag deployment! think of this:thinking: if defective what would you do if one went off at 75 MPH your favorite speed in the USA
DEAD MAN WALKING
With the USA Sprinters,,, air bag! it appears to effected by out side heat: Dinky dye not a joke
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Thanks for the recall info Richard! :bow:

Do you know which recalls are for the T1N's or the NCV3's? Need to place them appropriately and avoid confusion. Australian and European years do not correspond to US years. We're behind a year.

SprinterUSA1

Hi all,

only recall I know of for US Sprinters is the tire valves.
OEM wheels are equipped with some sort of rubber type valve which WILL blow at around 30000mi. Had two blow on me and it was not a nice experience especially if you do not know what that whistling behind you at 70mph is until the rear starts going left and right. Dealer will repace them with steel valves.

SprinterUSA1

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I give up?
Richard
:thinking:Drinking No....... "It never came out, on the post":idunno:Power surge! or brown out?What ever:shifty:
The post should have read!
I give up! only 39 side air bags ordered for the entire US sector?
Hells bells every emergency vehicle has them fitted as standard , 1/3 of the public went the extra mile and put them in . I guess safety is not a priority in the States .:cry:
;;;;;pp.jpg
Richard

SprinterUSA1

:thinking:Drinking No....... "It never came out, on the post":idunno:Power surge! or brown out?What ever:shifty:
Hells bells every emergency vehicle has them fitted as standard , 1/3 of the public went the extra mile and put them in . I guess safety is not a priority in the States .:cry:
View attachment 2999
Richard

Richard,

this recall is regarding the NCV3. I doubt there have been that many sold or ordered yet. It is a good option to go for, yes. I expect that more passenger versions would be ordered with the side bags than cargos. Give it some time.The less money spend on a work horse the better? Sad to say I did not order them either:crazy:.
Maybe this should not be an option but standard equipment, like they only offer the two largest engines in the States. Do not give the buyer a choice on safety and it will be selling. Like bottled water. Advertise it as healthy/safe and people will buy it. :thinking: Alright, leave some choices for the poor customer.

SprinterUSA1

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
View attachment 2999
Richard
I ordered them. Thanks for the notification.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Well Jon is one of the very few who did:thumbup: out of 39 so far
I admit I did not order them for either of vans down under, but it is only occupied by one driver...passenger, maybe once a month, this is really crazy they are standard in a passenger vehicle! but still optional for a commercial vehicle, Nuts! Or I'm strange fruit:laughing:
Richard

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Updating: It is both left and right window air-bags that are now subject to recall , small hair line cracks may appear in the outer plastic lining, which may be caused by overheating, to set off the gas sensors which may cause personal injury as to the high pressure gas release! from the air bag! left or right.
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Updating: It is both left and right window air-bags that are now subject to recall , small hair line cracks may appear in the outer plastic lining, which may be caused by overheating, to set off the gas sensors which may cause personal injury as to the high pressure gas release! from the air bag! left or right.
Richard
A Sprinter owner might have an easier time convincing a service writer and/or dealership management of a need to repair with a document facsimilie or publication number in hand; OEM or licensee published.... anything official looking and credible, perhaps with a phone number that dealership staff might call for confirmation, part numbers, replacement procedures... ideally with something that assures they'll be compensated for the labor to rectify a manufacturing issue.
-Jon

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Jon on the first post
One rings Daimler AG 1-843-695-5041 for confirmation, to confirm your vin number for those effected your's may not be one of the older Quote: {39} that were effected for recall.
To arrange for the dealer ship to replace the defective parts etc.
Richard

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Jon on the first post
One rings Daimler AG 1-843-695-5041 for confirmation, to confirm your vin number for those effected your's may not be one of the older Quote: {39} that were effected for recall.
To arrange for the dealer ship to replace the defective parts etc.
Richard

Yeah, I tried that number several times, at different hours of the day. It rang 30+ times w/o an answer, w/o a voicemail opportunity.

-Jon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
OK Ring Chrysler head office and deal with the three headed dog from hell CERBERUS
Most of the dodges have recalls on the same item it appears the fix is to depressurize these air bags. I'll log into the government site to night to see what they are saying on the US side, the last time I looked it was pending, but this is official world wide now Look into the Australian site, at least it's clear and executed via the Australian transport regulators for the official Government section for recalls.
Richard PS: IF you get nowhere I'll ring Damlier and find out what's the GO.

Last edited:

Top Bottom