HWH Levelers

xbrxx

Anybody ever install any HWH Automatic Levelers on their 2500 Sprinter before? Spoke to Camping World, and they are saying its more complicated than they would like to do. Thing is, it seems that HWH sells a kit for the 3500. Is the chassis that significantly different that installing it on the 2500 is more complicated? Appreciate any advice in this matter. Really need the levelers.

jasonec500

jdcaples, I think he's talking about a 4 point jack leveling system for when the sprinter is parked. Am I correct xbrxx?

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Hmm... Didn't know we were talking about an RV. Still, the thread's worth reading if any proposed modification involves concentrated pressure on the frame.

-Jon

bikergar

On larger RV's with stout frame rails flexing of the frame can be an issue when leveling if not done properly. I actually have seen windshields that have poped out due to frame flexing while leveling. Having said that I don't think flexing would be an issue with the 2500 but attachment would. It would at least require a U shaped saddle to slip over the frame to spread lifting forces. HWH is a great company that stands behind their product. If they don't have a kit listed there is a reason.

gary

kmessinger

I think there would be two problem areas, weight of the levelers and space under the Sprinter.

If you are configured for a camper, or Class B you don't have a lot of left over weight capacity. Also underneath, now with holding tanks, house batteries, etc. it will be hard to find the adequate space.

I am fortunate to have a 110/12volt refrigerator so I don't have to worry about the leveling as much as in the old days when I had the propane unit.

That said, levelers would be nice, especially in some NF, and BLM campgrounds, where I have seen a 30 degree slant on a 20' space.

Regards,

Keith
www.ourexcellentadventures.com

xbrxx

Sorry for taking so long to respond, been on the road the last several days.

Yeah guys, talking about the 4 point automatic leveling system. Spoke to HWH, and they actually do carry a kit for the 2500 chassis, just that the exhaust needs to be modified and spare moved in order to install it. Looks like they'll sell the kit directly to consumers, I just now need to find someone competent enough to install it. Anybody care to recommend a good outfitter in Northern California?

Jay

Sorry for taking so long to respond, been on the road the last several days.

Yeah guys, talking about the 4 point automatic leveling system. Spoke to HWH, and they actually do carry a kit for the 2500 chassis, just that the exhaust needs to be modified and spare moved in order to install it. Looks like they'll sell the kit directly to consumers, I just now need to find someone competent enough to install it. Anybody care to recommend a good outfitter in Northern California?
Yes, I notice this thread is 2 years old but still relevant.

I'd think a good body shop with an expert welder would do a good job. If the exhaust needs modification perhaps even a good muffler shop could do the whole job.

I notice the brochure (http://www.hwhcorp.com/coachsystems4.html) does not specify which sprinter years or all years. Mine is an 06 chassis T1N so perhaps this could move to the General Sprinter Talk or Sprinter RV Fourm? :thinking:

Anyone here install them?

co-kid

2021 Sprinter 3500XD, I4 on order
I'm interested in this topic too. I haven't installed the leveling jacks but uncovered some additional information on the HWH website:
http://www.hwhcorp.com/sprinter3.html

The referenced web page includes some photos of installed systems and some installation instructions.

Top Bottom