2007 Sprinter 144 Pass Diesel Black Out

dmcgill

Just a heads up. The van blacked out or went dead after starting and driving about 50 yards. I mean nothing lit up at all. Shifted to park and it was locked in park and key locked after turning off also. Pulled the BIG 25 amp fuse under driver dash and interior lights came on after a few minutes. Drove off and no problems for two days. Went to start after lunch today and would not unlock. Everything black. Pulled fuse again and came back on after a few minutes. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Anyone else?:bash:
:bash:

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Just a heads up. The van blacked out or went dead after starting and driving about 50 yards. I mean nothing lit up at all. Shifted to park and it was locked in park and key locked after turning off also. Pulled the BIG 25 amp fuse under driver dash and interior lights came on after a few minutes. Drove off and no problems for two days. Went to start after lunch today and would not unlock. Everything black. Pulled fuse again and came back on after a few minutes. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Anyone else?:bash:
:bash:
That sounds terrible. My 144" '07 has been fault-free so far. At least you were able to get into the vehicle. One of our users got locked out of the driver door, entered the cargo bay and disassembled his partition to get access to his cockpit.

I take it you pulled the fuse and re-inserted it before you started the vehicle? I wonder what that "reset." I take it you pulled the fuse in the first place because you were looking for a "blown" one?

Thanks for the report, and good luck!

-Jon

dmcgill

I did pull the fuse looking for blown fuses and found a temporary fix. While driving the van to the dealer I got a code (Battery/Alternator Malfunction see service technician." Hopefully the code will tell them something. I'm hoping it is a bad alternator or battery. The dealer is to look at it Monday and I'll let you know.

unik

I did pull the fuse looking for blown fuses and found a temporary fix. While driving the van to the dealer I got a code (Battery/Alternator Malfunction see service technician." Hopefully the code will tell them something. I'm hoping it is a bad alternator or battery. The dealer is to look at it Monday and I'll let you know.
I did have had similar problem with minivan Dodge-Grand-Caravan-2003.
It apear not charging battery properly.
I went to dealer, they change betery under waranty:yell::rant:
Then later they change even 3 more batteries:crazy::crazy::crazy:
I said to them it is "on board computer process unit"
They did not want to change this PC unit.
Some month later I trade Dodge minivan into Chrysler T&C2005
:cheers:
uNik

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Voltage drop below 12.4V I think the system automatically shuts down but allows a trickle reserve for a restart.
Richard

Top Bottom