Questions on a used 2009 RS Adventurous 2500 Purchase

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Here is oil dipstick showing half level. I checked per the manual: crawl underneath, undo the panel cover with the two latches, unscrew the dip stick, wipe, reinsert but don't screw in:

Here is the vent tube with the foam cover:

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Shoulda waited 'til tomorrow. 25% off on Tuesdays at CW. Used to be 50%. Inflation, I guess. :rolleyes:
Thanks. Situation was we weren't sure what the issue was, really, with a five year old unit.

Plus I had work today, and was only available Monday. :(

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Tonight's question is: Can you safely remove the side decals on a 2009 Adventurous?

The answer is - Yes!!

We took the Coach for a bath and decided to try 'just one corner'.

Next thing I know, we have every decal taken off with almost zero residue. Underneath is gleaming silver paint. It took a bit of elbow grease with Klasse All In One and a MF towel, but it's clean as a whistle.

Will post a good pic when it's light out. But the Coach is looking very clean and modern now.

Very happy how this turned out. :)

icarus

The very first thing I would do is take off the goofy fake skylight windows! I think they look totally dorkie IMHO!

Icarus

Mein Sprinter

Known member
The very first thing I would do is take off the goofy fake skylight windows! I think they look totally dorkie IMHO!

Icarus
I hasten to agree with you, Icarus! I did remove the "Roadtrek" logo below the fake skylight but haven't gotten to the fake sky lights yet. Pretty high getting at them. Might climb the roof. Then after having it done, the area needs to be re-coupounded/polished as I noticed that I can still see a bit of the "Roadtrek" outline.

cheers....

Mein Sprinter

Known member
We installed a set of Michelin LTX A/T 2 LT245/75R16 in January to replace the worn Continentals that were on the coach when we bought it in December.

Very happy with them.
Thank you.

I am in the market for similar sized Michelin LTX, but why did you settle for the A/T (off road) instead of the regular Highway-LTX? Just curious! :thinking:

cheers...

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Thank you.

I am in the market for similar sized Michelin LTX, but why did you settle for the A/T (off road) instead of the regular Highway-LTX? Just curious! :thinking:

cheers...
Basically, they fit our criteria for anticipated / expected use, price, performance, and brand reputation. To me they offered a bit more latitude for combined travel on highway/nice day vs. dirt road/rough weather. Our long term plan is extensive travel throughout Canada/US in potentially all weather. Hence a tire favoring more capability on/off road, seemed a plus to me.

Obviously, compared to the OEM Continentals that had 2mm at 31,000 miles on the coach when we bought it, the ride is much improved.

Last edited:

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Today's question is: what can you do to prop/secure the fridge door open under travel:non-operating conditions?

I fashioned a catch out of the top of a wire hangar. No cutting needed. Just bent it into a U shape.

Works great!

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Basically, they fit our criteria for anticipated / expected use, price, performance, and brand reputation. To me they offered a bit more latitude for combined travel on highway/nice day vs. dirt road/rough weather. Our long term plan is extensive travel throughout Canada/US in potentially all weather. Hence a tire favoring more capability on/off road, seemed a plus to me.

Obviously, compared to the OEM Continentals that had 2mm at 31,000 miles on the coach when we bought it, the ride is much improved.
Thanks for the tire insight. We at first thought of the A/T but with 60,000 mile warranty while the highway ones had a 70,000...... BUT since we're also doing some intensive travels(Arctic Circle) thought the A/T might give us a better margin of safety doing the Dempster Highway, just as you said. Guess it'll be the A/T's. We're now shopping around :hmmm:

By the way...Great innovation on the refrig. I don't have the same latch on refrig like you but mine so far has held it's door in place even on washboard roads...:smirk:

cheers...

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Today's question is: what can you do to prop/secure the fridge door open under travel:non-operating conditions?

I fashioned a catch out of the top of a wire hangar. No cutting needed. Just bent it into a U shape.

Works great!
Sunnyandrich,

Is that a Dometic fridge with the 'slide to lock' catch in the centre top of the door?

If so in the UK they have a second lock position which keeps the door partially open exactly as you require.

Open the door then operate the catch to see if it has 2 slots on the lock part which swings out, if it has then you have this feature built in :thumbup:

Keith (in the UK).

Sunnyandrich

On The Move
Well, we stumbled onto the answer to a question today at Camping World:

Where can I find an adapter hose for connecting the coach to our portable Coleman Grill?

The answer: Camping World lol.

We found this item in stock: '12 foot Quick-Connect Hose Assembly - Male quick-connect X swivel 1" male throwaway cylinder thread', labeled 'Hose Assembly F271117', $41.77 Good Sam club price.

Top Bottom