off road race

sikwan

06 Tin Can
The video doesn't do justice on how fast these guys are going. :bow:

Awesome looking course! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

05highroof

That was great! It's nice to hear the brrap of a two stroke. Looked like he was riding a KTM? Nice footage of the slower rider falling down and getting run over!:rad:

nocky

That slower rider was a double AA rider. In our district races the senior A and Super Senior riders start 30 second behind the AA and A riders. Here is the other race we put on in May. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9003116761272848282
It is from a C class rider. This race was very rocky and hilly. We had a A and AA section that the B and C riders did not have to do. We also had a enduro cross part and the Red Bull truck there! It’s a very long video + 50 min.:thumbup::popcorn::cheers: enjoy

05highroof

The guy that got run over was AA? Was he having bike problems or what?It looked like a rookie mistake when he fell.I would have guessed he was a C rider,but that wouldn't make sense if the race just started cuz the C class would be behind the A guys huh.On the other hand that senior A guy with the H-cam really checked out early on so he must be a really fast. So all those guys he reeled in were AA? You said he won his class,how did he finish overall for the event? Was he riding a KTM? 05HR

nocky

He was 5th overall, and the AA rider he run over was 4th overall. I'm glad I'm not in that class any more. Some of the riders he past could have been in the A class too. I don't know what year but it is a KTM.
Here is Brand Population for both enduros and H/Scrambles
| KTM = 131 | HON = 51 | KAW = 43 | HUS = 12 | SUZ = 11 | YAM = 31 | GAS = 20 |

Last edited:

05highroof

Wow that's a lot of orange bikes! Those woods guys really love their KTM's. Those bike have come along way but I always hear of guys having mechanical problems with them. That's alot of huskys and Gas Gas also. I used to do the H-scramble series out here on the east coast and it was rare to see a husky or a gas gas maybe times are changing I've been out of that loop for about 10 years.
These days I prefer a well groomed mx track. It takes to long to wash your bike after a muddy hare scramble!:smirk:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What I've heard about KTM is that they are out there supporting these riders at Enduros/Hare Scrambles. Unless you have a sponsor or just plain rich, KTM is the bike to have if you want support as a privateer.

nocky

Here are the Gas Gas bikes that are in just our club. There are two more that were not in the picture. All of them are 300 but one (not shown) is a 200.

05highroof

Wow,your club has a large contingent of gas gas riders.I hear they make good trials bikes,wouldn't mind having one actually.
I know several die hard KTM woods guys that always buy new race bikes every year and every year they always have some kind of problem maybe even minor that leaves them stranded.They seem to work well in the woods but the MX guys seem to struggle with suspension setup. The new KTM's really look sharp I must admit. A riding buddy of mine just bought the new big bore (500?504?)MX'er that bike looks really sharp.The electric start is sweet also.

Top Bottom