Full timing?

Pumpkinass

Does anyone in this forum full time in their Serenity or Unity?
Every Serenity owner i've talked to loves their vans and feel like it's small inside but comfortable.
But..I haven't read about or met anyone who lives full time in one.

My wife and I are kinda considering doing so for two or five or more years.
We would prolly try and park it each year for a couple of months to be able to travel like we like somewhere internationally.
It's a big beautiful world and there are still plenty of places we haven't been.
But..for nine or more months of the year our 'to be ordered next summer' Serenity will be our home.
Best,
Bill
NYC~

Last edited:
We met some people at the recent LTV rally in Winkler Mb. that have been in their Unity van since April. They started in Las Vegas and have been to PEI and many places in between. They were not planning to be home for another month or two. I am sure there were others there that had similar stories (from Texas, Maryland, California etc.) but I did not get the details.

Pumpkinass

My wife and I are planning a possible two to five or ten year trip.
At least until we're worn out, sick of traveling or too decrepit to do soo.
Bill
NYC~

Why?
People on this forum don't fulltime?
Bill
NYC~
Your Serenity/Unity question is pretty specific. I'm thinkin' that our member percentage is pretty low vs total sales of Serenity/Unity Sprinter units.

You might better ask the more general question in Conversion Talk for full timing in Sprinter based RV's, or do a search from the blue bar above.

Have fun.

vic

Pumpkinass

True..But if you consider that they make sixty Serenitys each year..not to mention how many Unitys.. and have been for over ten years..that's quite a 'fleet' ;)

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
Asking whether someone else finds full-timing in a specific size vehicle as acceptable doesn't tell you much because it is such a very subjective thing. For what it's worth I would consider a mini (24'-25') Class C as a better choice for long-term living since the narrow versions (View/Navion/etc.) are very nearly as maneuverable/parkable as a Class B but offer a permanent bed and dinette (vs. having to make them up every morning and every night), a dry bath, the critical extra few square feet that even a small slide and an overhead bunk will provide, etc. Much more comfortable with very little additional size/hassle. That stuff may not be that important for 12 days or even 12 weeks but trust me, it will be over 12-24 months.

No doubt you will find people who full-time in a Class B, in fact no doubt you will find people who full-time in a 70's Dodge van. The question is what you can live with.

ronjohn

2019 Unity MB
True..But if you consider that they make sixty Serenitys each year..not to mention how many Unitys.. and have been for over ten years..that's quite a 'fleet' ;)
I found your post in the Freedom II Serenity area. It is not posted in the Unity area. I suggest posting there as well. Not all Unity owners go to the Serenity postings.

We have owned our Unity since February and have spent 72 days in it in 7 months. Two 3 week+ trips. Not full-time but enough for me to say that I would be fine with full-time. I asked my partner and her initial answer was yes but she immediately qualified by saying it would be doable with occasional hotel type breaks!

Ron

Pumpkinass

We've been figuring in hotel breaks, temp gyms and basically about three months a year where we park it and travel the old fashioned way..by plane to somebody else's country. East India south to north overland by local transport is on the agenda. Do some of the more interesting more strenuous trips while our health is good.
By the time we've been traveling that way..resting up for another nine months in the routine and comfort of the Serenity will be the thing to look forward to again.
Bill
NYC~

Top Bottom