2013 Sprinter 3500 key will not turn

1luppert

Don't know that I'm using this forum the right way.

I have tried everything I could think of. Also had help from some nice well informed folks on the Airstream forum. Still can't turn key to start ignition. Working on setting up towing for in the morning to dealer. So in the mean time just checking if anyone knows something that I might be missing.
3500 Sprinter with 3080 miles.

Thanks

mendonsy

That will sometimes happen if you are parked where the loading on the front tires isn't equal.
Try working the steering wheel both ways while turning the key. Sometimes a bit of force on the steering wheel solves the problem.

1luppert

I have tried force on the steering wheel and even tried rocking the van some. It is parked in a level driveway.

Still no luck.

Thanks

mbgtown

the "Sprinter Guy"
I believe you will find that your chassis battery is dead. Even if you have enough juice to unlock the van with the remote, if there is not enough left in the battery, it will not let you even turn the key. I have had some customers who don't driver their vans often enough have a problem with the battery getting drained. As you have a new van, there may be something that is discharging the battery.

If you attached a slow charge to the jump start teminals under the hood and let it set running for 4-6 hours, it might just allow you to start the van.

I would like to know what you find out happened.

Dave, the Sprinter Guy

Don't know that I'm using this forum the right way.

I have tried everything I could think of. Also had help from some nice well informed folks on the Airstream forum. Still can't turn key to start ignition. Working on setting up towing for in the morning to dealer. So in the mean time just checking if anyone knows something that I might be missing.
3500 Sprinter with 3080 miles.

Thanks

Top Bottom