looking for NEW euro headlights

new-york2004

hi all. Does anybody knows where can i get the European headlights. no one ebay in UK wanna mess with shipping to US, any help please, i want to change mine b/c they look so nasty,fogy, and i don't wanna mess with buffing, it works only for couple month,so if any one knows the place who can sent them to USA please let me know

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Just make sure you purchase the correct lens for LHD
Never have had an issue with keeping my lens bright and clean
DSC00333 (Large).jpg
Richard

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I've seen them for sale to USA from Germany's http://www.carparts-online.de/ . You need a web browser that can translate German website, and buy for your driving side of the road, but they sell both L & R side driving cheaper than most :thumbup:
Note: I don't know if they are legal to use in USA where they must be DOT approved to re-sell your Sprinter Certified, so hold onto the old ones in case your Sprinter needs Gov't inspection.

sprinter77

badboy
good deal :thumbup:
very cheap from this site :smilewink:
are these really good quality?
i wonder why if you buy the original headlights from Mercedes-Benz dealers the price has tripled or quadrupled :2cents: compared to these? :thinking: they seems the same product:popcorn:

Last edited:

glas1700

US headlights use H7 low beam and H1 high beam & fog. The headlights from Germany use H7, H7 & H3, without any particular order mentioned. Because of the bulb differences, US bulb sockets may not fit the German headlight housings.

Byron
07 Navion

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
US headlights use H7 low beam and H1 high beam & fog. The headlights from Germany use H7, H7 & H3, without any particular order mentioned. Because of the bulb differences, US bulb sockets may not fit the German headlight housings.

Byron
07 Navion
well the OP had a T1N. On the T1N lights, the bulb sockets come with the light assembly. there is a big multi-pin connector that plugs into the headlamp assembly...

The difficulty is the change for the headlight vertical adjust servos.
Some servos have a short actuator, some have a long one and they aren't interchangeable...

Cheers
George

glas1700

The assemblies I looked at, presumably for a T1N, are shown without any sockets or harness on the Carparts website. I had forgotten about the vertical adjust servos and definitely didn't know about two different versions.

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=www.carparts-online.de/

No.: 12305, 110.00 EUR

Byron
07 Navion

well the OP had a T1N. On the T1N lights, the bulb sockets come with the light assembly. there is a big multi-pin connector that plugs into the headlamp assembly...

The difficulty is the change for the headlight vertical adjust servos.
Some servos have a short actuator, some have a long one and they aren't interchangeable...

Cheers
George

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
The assemblies I looked at, presumably for a T1N, are shown without any sockets or harness on the Carparts website. I had forgotten about the vertical adjust servos and definitely didn't know about two different versions.

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=www.carparts-online.de/

No.: 12305, 110.00 EUR

Byron
07 Navion
The shipping will take a long time but I bought mine at carpartsonline.de
I grew up over there and speak German so that made things easier.

My contact was:
Vanessa M. Clark
Carparts Online GmbH

Tel : 0234 / 516 858-12
Fax : 0234 / 516 858-9
www.carparts-online.de
info@carparts-online.de

In 2007 the set went for 185€ 5 sets dropped it to 180€
She quoted me 55€ shipping for one and 135€ for 6 pairs shipped to the US.

If you need help translating etc. and I have the time I'll be happy to help

Cheers
George

RedDino

I ordered mine via Ebay.de, but also at Carparts Online. Same price (110 Euros + 55 Euros shipping).

They say that the price includes VAT, which is 19% in Germany. But since they are shipping to the USA they really shouldn't be charging us the VAT.

I will ask them to reimburse the VAT to my Paypal account. Let's see what the say.

On the technical side, please post what you had to do to make them work. My biggest concern is what to do about the orange side markers. In Germany they don't have these.

Matthias
2004 140" Passenger

RedDino

I received my headlights last weekend. They look nice, but they will need some modifications to work:

• Turn signal bulb: The European version only supports a simple bulb with one filament, while the US version had an additional circuit to support the side marker lamps
  • Headlamp Range Motor: The distance between the motor and the lamp is smaller with the European version. The original version does not fit.
  • No orange side reflector in the lamp (but we knew that before buying).

Do any of you have suggestions on how to deal with the turn signal and the headlamp range motor?

Thanks,
Matthias
2004 140" FL Passenger.

Top Bottom