Fog Lights

JSprinter

I have a 2008 Sprinter and was wondering if anyone has added fog lights. This vehicle was supposed to be prewired from Factory for fog lights, but I can not locate wiring harness. I am not afraid of modifications. I have determined that there is no fog light "kit". Anyone have any input?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I have a 2008 Sprinter and was wondering if anyone has added fog lights. This vehicle was supposed to be prewired from Factory for fog lights, but I can not locate wiring harness. I am not afraid of modifications. I have determined that there is no fog light "kit". Anyone have any input?
Wireing module is not a standard fit, unless pre-ordered.
Front bumper has to be changed as the standard bumper,with the blanked off fog-lamp section ABS molding, is not incorporated in the back section of the bumper, for fitting the lamps.
It can be fitted but somewhat expensive.
09 Sprinters now reincorporate the fog lamps back into the headlights.
look up fog lamps on the NCV write-ups there are recent ones available for both MB and retro fit of alternative options.
Richard

Chandlerazman

Here's my basic writeup. You will have to run your own wiring as there is no harness tucked under the bumper. As Richard mentioned, you will need to get a new bumper cover that has the fog light provisions. The fog lights mount to the bumper and not the chassis.
I ran power from under the driver seat power tap, fused it and have it on a relay that is controlled by the key to shut off the lights when the engine is off to prevent battery drain from forgetting to turn the lights off. This is not a cheap job if you want it to look factory.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8541

Top Bottom