Dometic fridge problem

We have just experienced an overnight problem with the Dometic fridge RMD 8555.
The door alarm keeps flashing with a 20sec audible alarm, but the door is shut correctly.
At last years LTV annual campout at Winkler I seem to recall someone indicating that they had a similar issue.
We have just experienced hot humid weather and I notice some condensation in the clear plastic unit in the fridge that latches the door. I think a problem may have occurred where condensation has shorted the alarm wiring.
Does anyone recall a similar problem and what was the solution?
We have had no previous issues with the fridge.
We have a 2015 TB Unity.
John

Thanks Unity-TB-Newbies for the thread info. I removed the cover and certainly condensation was present. I will dry it out and consider applying some kind of spray to reduce any further problems.
The short video was useful on how to remove the cover.
Hopefully that resolves the problem.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I had an opening where the wires come out of the fridge wall so I filled it with plumbers putty to seal the wires and opening up, then put it all back together. This opening could have been the source of warmer air causing the condensate. Hadn't had anymore problems.

Widman

I experienced the same issue once. There is a reset button on the control panel at the top. I think it is a triangle and that will reset the refrig.

Just an update on the Dometic fridge issue.
The fridge seems to be working fine now after removing the plastic cover and allowing a drying period.
I have done 2 things...............I applied a small quantity of dielectric grease where the wires go into the connector. I also noticed that in the factory installation the wires were curved "above" the connector, allowing condensation water to "drip" down into the connector.
I have now curved the wires below the plug.

Top Bottom