Trouble Codes-po380--po672

mgace2500

Po380--crankshaft Position Sensor
Po672--cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
This Is What I Get From Scanner.check Engine Light Is On.van Runs Fine.could This Be A False Code.has Anyone Found A Bad Glowplug Or Glowplug Relay At 50,000 Miles.not Really Worried About Glowplugs,it Never Really Gets Cold Enough Down In New Orleans To Use Them Anyway.crankshaft Sensor May Cause A Shutdown Though.any Thoughts On This?thanks!

BaywoodBill

pre-Yuppiedom
Po380--crankshaft Position Sensor
Po672--cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
This Is What I Get From Scanner.check Engine Light Is On.van Runs Fine.could This Be A False Code.has Anyone Found A Bad Glowplug Or Glowplug Relay At 50,000 Miles.not Really Worried About Glowplugs,it Never Really Gets Cold Enough Down In New Orleans To Use Them Anyway.crankshaft Sensor May Cause A Shutdown Though.any Thoughts On This?thanks!
Sorry I don't know the answers but the one about the crankshaft position is worrisome and I hope someone here knows something about that.

mgace2500

the engine check light has now gone out.:idunno:i will try to see if the code are still stored in the computer.if they are i will clear them.i will wait for a light to appear again and try to duplicate.thanks

My 2004 has glow plug trouble codes that come and go. It always runs smoothly when it first starts. I have yet to do any testing because the MIL codes switch back and forth between blaming different cylinders. I've found that the glow plug related trouble codes don't take very many start/stop cycles to clear the MIL.

This thread has much info related to glow plugs.
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743

The following is a quote from post #8 by Doktor A:

"The DTCs set by the glow plug module(also referred to as glow plug relay) are unreliable. An indication for a particular cylinders glow plug failure may involve a completely different cylinders glow plug OR non at all-it typically indicates a defective module. DC has FINALLY acknowledged this DTC problem in the latest release notes for the DRBIII sprinter memory card update. The module(relay) part# was 5103568AA and has superseded to 5170859AA-about $110.00 from Dodge. BTW, a defective glow plug can damage a new replacement module-so don't replace a specific single glow plug based on DTC info-then find the problem is still present -then replace the module only to have the undiagnosed defective glow plug destroy your new module. Doktor A"

Hope this helps. vic

mgace2500

i did see the write-up about glowplugs and their problems.also how to test them with a inline fuse.i don't see a problem with doing this to find out if a glowplug is my main problem.i will try this test to find out exactly with one is bad.i do not know where the glowplug relay is located at.if anyone has any ideas where it is let me know.thanks

acvr4

I still have that intermittent code show up - I have replacement plugs just have to replace them.
That Code is for the Glow plug system - listed as - P0380 - Glow Plug Circuit Perf

Attachments

mgace2500

i see from your link here.i had autozone cross refrence it for me and it can up different.yours make much more sense.i will focus on glowplugs.

mgace2500

Tested Glowplugs At Their Relay.used Unline Fuse Method.piece Of Wire With Inline Fuse From Battery To Relay Plug.fuse Blew At The Third Try.first Glowplug Was Bad In Front Of Engine.replace With Napa Glowplug $15-$16 Dollar Range.pulled All Other Glowplugs Out Put Antiseize On All Of Them And Put Back In.cleared Code.waiting For Another Check Engine Light To Pop-up.nothing Yet.thanks For Your Help!

Top Bottom