Windshield washer system

Barling1

The hose for the windshield washer system on my 2013 Winnabago Itasca Mercedes Reyo does not stay fixed, and now the hose has become too short. How do you thread a new hose through the windshield wiper spring and then through the clip that holds the new hose to the wiper as the hose goes on up to the sprayer on the windshield wiper?

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
I've done it on my '07. A little tricky, but doable. Make sure that you have the same OD hose, or it will be impossible to thread through the spring.

IIRC, I started threading the hose through the spring at the 'bottom' end with the wiper arm in the upright position. Just be careful not to let the wiper arm spring back onto the windshield, or the windshield may crack. I also added a zip tie where the arm transitions from the 'U' shape to flat to better hold the tube in position inside the 'U' shape of the wiper arm. I don't remember any clip.

Barling1

I solved my problem by buying a connector for the hose at Napa and some more hose, to extend the hose, so it may be connected as required. I turned on the electric wipers before cutting the new hose, to make sure there would be enough hose to allow the wiper arm to fully swing without breaking the hose, as it did before.

Top Bottom