Undermount generator question and help

boing745

Im mounting a generator under my 07 dodge sprinter, i took out the spare tire and rewelded the generator brakets so it fits under the van.
Here is the link of the generator that im mounting under the van, got it for 470 dollars at harbor freight.
took of the gas tank and will be putting one inside the van due to the height of the generator and to make it better accessible. Will be moving the power outlets panel to inside of the van where my room is. Gonna splice into the wiring and make the wires longer thats pretty much it.
My question is how did you guys do yours if you guys did put generators on ur sprinters? Where can i get some ventilation panels to cover the generator so it gets air and at the same time doesnt get damaged. I need some ventilation panels something like the outside house Ac units have. .
Here is a pic of what kind of ventilation panels i want and talking about or something similar to that design, just wanna let the air flow through it and keep the dirt and water out as much as possible so thats why im looking for that kind of vent paneling. A
ANy of u guys know where i can get something like that? or if u guys can just let me know how you guys done it i will greatly appreciate it.
Also need some info on roof top ac unit because i need to put one in and not sure where and what kind to get. Plz help

AddicksAir

You could go back to Harbor Freight and get one of those 4'x8' trailers. You could mount your generator on it along with it's fuel tank.
With that size you could mount a 60,000 btuh package A/C unit and run flex duct from the unit through the rear windows.
A. It would be safer
B. you wouldn't need to mount anything on your roof
C. you wouldn't need to run your dash air

.......just a random thought.:bash:

rvdriverca

Never keep fuel (gas or diesel) in side the van in any kind of container, just the fumes alone are a carcinogenic. And as a 3 year lung cancer survivor, I can tell you, it just ain't worth it. Just to sneeze with one lung is a bitch.
I installed a diesel generator between the rear axle and the spare tyre. same place where Pleasure Way motor homes mounts there's. Had a plastic tank manufacturer place install brass fittings for fuel lines in the main fuel tank. My Sprinter is a 2006 158" . As hard as I have tried, over the years, I have never been able to upload pictures here, so I gave up. sorry.:2cents:

Top Bottom